Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum opening times (Next open on Friday 10 April)

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

You can have these for 50p and a lb of grapes if you want :)

All donations welcome although we have a ticket from that game signed by Sasa . It was donated by a B. Hayes.
  • Options
    Never heard of him
  • Options

Are you going to frame Guy's work permit Henry?

You mean I shouldn't have taken it?

I just saw it lying there in reception and though that will look good in the museum.

Hope I haven't caused a problem.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Never heard of him

Sasa Ilic. Goalkeeper
  • Options
    Will the museum be open as usual tomorrow?
  • Options
    Yes, it is.

11.0 am to 3.30 pm
  • Options
    Thanks Henry. Looking forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    Be sure to post a write up and some pics.

And tell people about all the lovely stuff you can buy.

You should be one of the first to see the new improved audio visual room
    Haven't seen it myself yet
  • Options
    Myself and Don went to the museum today. It is absolutely brilliant, an essential visit for all Charlton fans .

Well done to all involved , and thank you to all who have donated items. A very uplifting experience, and it puts your own personal support of the Club back into context and perspective, both in terms of your own life and of the Club itself , you realise how you have only witnessed a small percentage of the whole. Given time I believe there is even more material which could be displayed.

Well done and thank you to all involved.
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry about the cold. We weren't trying to recreated that standing on the old East terrace experience it's just that the heating is broken.

There is a lot more material in boxes and cupboards awaiting sorting and hopefully more yet to be donated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Can wholeheartedly agree with Dennis. It is brilliant and every Charlton fan should go to see it. I bought a great signed photo of Colin Powell, my fondest memories are of him setting up goals for Killer and Flash, so am chuffed to have his signed photo at last. Also bought a set of postcards and made a small donation to the Museum. Would have liked to buy the Home and Away book that Glass Half Full bought, but decided it was far too heavy to carry back to Hants. Had a nightmare journey there as no trains were stopping at Charlton, and seemed to walk through most of Lewisham to find the stop for a bus to get me to Charlton. So if I can do all this after a 100 mile journey it will be easy for those (sensibly) living nearer to the Valley. It reminded me that that current regime can't take our history away, whatever else they may do! Please go everyone. Thanks to Henry and co. for all their hard work!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hants,

So glad the trip was worthwhile.

It's heartening to read reports from visitors as it means we weren't the only ones who though it would be a good idea.

If you still want the book then we can post it to you but p and p might be a lot.

anyone else they are 15 quid each brand new.
  • Options

Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry about the cold. We weren't trying to recreated that standing on the old East terrace experience it's just that the heating is broken.

There is a lot more material in boxes and cupboards awaiting sorting and hopefully more yet to be donated.

Should have tried these guys! ;-)

• Options
    Stig said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Should have tried these guys! ;-)

Funny enough that's just what we are doing :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks Henry. Did think about seeing if it could be posted, but thought the postage would be very high. Will see if I can persuade one of the family to do the carrying another time. I will be back.
  • Options
    Might be able to do it on a match day.
  • Options
    Is the museum open on match days yet and do u have to book in advance ?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Will this be up and running for this coming Friday, I'm bringing my mother in law - she remembers watching Sam Bartram play. For the right deal. I'll leave her as an exhibit!
    Should be.

Lots of Bartram exhibits and a DVD
  • Options

Is the museum open on match days yet and do u have to book in advance ?

Not yet but we hope to have it open this season.

We'll most likely open 11.00 to 12.30 or 1.00.

Will be by appointment only at first to see how it works.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kap10 said:

Will this be up and running for this coming Friday, I'm bringing my mother in law - she remembers watching Sam Bartram play. For the right deal. I'll leave her as an exhibit!
    Should be.

Lots of Bartram exhibits and a DVD
    Cheers
  • Options
    Henry, are there any specific things that you're looking for for the museum? Does a wish list exist?
  • Options
    More museum standard cabinets, big ones.

Mannequins to display shirts

More storage space and boxes.

More 1970s items.

Any pre-war programmes and handbooks.

• Options
    Just caught up with this thread.
    Sounds fantastic - well done Henry and everybody involved.
    Will make a point of paying a visit
  • Options

More museum standard cabinets, big ones.

Mannequins to display shirts

More storage space and boxes.

More 1970s items.

Any pre-war programmes and handbooks.

Static figures for the front, middle and back? Sounds like the wish list for network player recruitment...

I've got a couple of boxes full of all sorts. Might have some 70s programmes but probably nothing else from that decade. Anyway, it needs sortng out so when I get round to it I'll see if there's anything interesting among it all and if there is I'll inbox you.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    I did have most programmes from the 70s at one time, but due to many moves, had to get rid of them. I do have some photos from that decade, black and white only, if they might be of interest. When I get time to see who they're of, will inbox you Henry.
  • Options
    Thanks to Andrews for providing some heaters for the museum so it is nice and toasty in there now.

Open tomorrow at 11.00am til 3.30pm

Some new signage going up soon outside and the big screen is being wall mounted.

We've also been given a combination DVD and video player so we can show all those old videos we have.
  • Options
    Open this Friday from 11-3.30?
  • Options
    Hi Siv,

Yes, will be open as normal on Friday.

Will also be open before the VIP meeting from 5.30 to 6.45pm