Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters backs new Charlton striker Watt to hit the goal trail

Comments

• Bob definitely sounds as though he's on the way out in that article ;)
  • No, Bob sounds like someone stating that even Messi would have a hard time settling down in Liège.
  • Possibly decent cover for Igor but not the striker we need. Bob his name is CIFTCI.
  • edited January 2015

Possibly decent cover for Igor but not the striker we need. Bob his name is CIFTCI.

Said the same on another thread about Ciftci
    he could be a Turkish delight.
    Makes Yann seem like a choir boy.
    Only 22 years old.
    The problem is the bidding starts at 3 million.
    I said the bidding starts at 3 million Roland.

• I should hope that he (Peeters) does back Watt .. THAT is why he was signed
  • I should hope that he (Peeters) does back Watt .. THAT is why he was signed

What would that have to do with Peeters? "We weel move ze Scottish lad to Charlton." "Yes Monsieur Ducharelet, whatever you say".
  • How much have you put on and what odds did you get Bob?
  • drewman said:

I should hope that he (Peeters) does back Watt .. THAT is why he was signed

What would that have to do with Peeters? "We weel move ze Scottish lad to Charlton." "Yes Monsieur Ducharelet, whatever you say".
    Even if what you say is true, would you expect him to say "Well we've got this new striker in, he's got a bad attitude and since scoring a goal against Barca he's failed every where."?
  • Well, he's hardly gonna come out and say "I don't expect goals from a striker" is he?

Oh, how I love these exclusives...........
  • As a united Fan, Charton wont sign Ciftci - Steven thompson doesnt negotiate he sets a price and thats it. Rolland only likes bargains.

It is a shame because Robertson has done well at Hull and Arsenal are apparently looking at buying him for over 16mill. i feel Ciftci has potential to be a great player and someone down south will cash in on him.

Just look at ryan gauld, he sold for 2.8mill when we needed the cash to get out of debt and Sproting put a 60mill release clause in his contract.

They coach who is now at vallencia done a great job at united to lay down the foundations for the youth system, rolland needs someone like that if charlton are to replicate the kind of youth clubs like dundee united are starting to put out into the market.

• Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

As a united Fan

Eh? lol
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

As a united Fan

Eh? lol
    Assume he means Dundee utd
  • edited January 2015
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

As a united Fan, Charton wont sign Ciftci - Steven thompson doesnt negotiate he sets a price and thats it. Rolland only likes bargains.

Based on what? The fee for Igor was said to be around £2.4m and it seems we made a bid at a similar level for Delort.

If the right player is available I think RD will be happy to pay that sort of fee. Especially for a good young striker, the type of players that aren't usually cheap.
  • Scoham said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

As a united Fan, Charton wont sign Ciftci - Steven thompson doesnt negotiate he sets a price and thats it. Rolland only likes bargains.

Based on what? The fee for Igor was said to be around £2.4m and it seems we made a bid at a similar level for Delort.

If the right player is available I think RD will be happy to pay that sort of fee. Especially for a good young striker, the type of players that aren't usually cheap.
    This
    In addition he has made a habit of selling players at Liege for €5m.
    So far we have seen him add to the academy players with frees, loans, network signings and Vetokele - the biggest Cafc signing since?

A consensus is emerging that we have perhaps 14 decent players and so the gap to close to have a really competitive squad becomes narrower. Given the money on offer in the FAPL why wouldn't he spend £2.5m once or twice more in order to close that gap?
  • I'm hoping that if Tony Watt starts brightly he might become 100 Watt.
  • Watt has got goals in him
  • You Watt some? I'll give it ya!
  • Bob definitely sounds as though he's on the way out in that article ;)

• Few whispers I've heard hes already had a few disagreements/arguments with players since joining. Bloody hell..
  • Few whispers I've heard hes already had a few disagreements/arguments with players since joining. Bloody hell..

The boy's keen.

If the lad can get 100% match fit he has a chance.
    just like Saturday he missed chances today, but his control is of a high quality,
    unlike george and Igor at the present time.
    The CAFC fans are desperate to embrace a new hero.
    Seize the moment Tony.
  • Sponsored links:

Don't mind that. If he gets the hump or rubs people up the wrong way cos he wants to win rather than just being a sulky prick then it's great. Few players let BP, the fans and the club down massively lately, they need a kick up the arse.