Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Five things we learned from Charlton's defeat by Blackburn

Comments

• Interesting piece, couple of comments:

1. Pressure has increased on Peeters
    "........But if he is given money to spend in January, the Belgian can turn things around starting with victory over Brighton on Saturday."

I've seen this mistake made on a lot of threads recently. Lets be 100% clear here, Duchatelet is not going to give Peeters money to spend in January (or any other month), he's not going to say "you've got £2million to spend, off you go". Peeters has minimal control over who comes in - he's been publicly moaning about needing a striker for some time, and now Tony Watt appears to be arriving. Peeters did not go to Duchatelet and say "I want Tony Watt", he went to Duchatelet and said "I need a striker" and Duchatelet said "Fine, you can have Tony Watt, now go away".

Might seem a bit pedantic, but it's actually a key point - if you think our players aren't up to scratch then blame for that lies with the owner. Likewise, if you think we've got a fantastic team that's a cross between Brazil 1970 and Johan Cruyff-era Ajax don't forget that Roland Duchatelet put the players together, Peeters is just the coach.

5. Charlton's future remains bright
    ".....10 players who came through Charlton’s youth ranks were involved in the match-day squad."

Promising in the right circumstances, but not when you're chucking them in at the deep end alongside similarly inexperienced players. You're supposed to nurture young players, not publicly crucify them ala Fox and Pope.

As for our future remaining bright, I'll have some of what you've been smoking.