Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley in 1956

2»

Comments

• Options

Wow !! A wonderful picture that now really comes alive .... great stuff !!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Thought I'd spruce the old place up a bit and add a splash of colour........

Good job @tangoflash
    And nice graffiti!
  • Options
    Where did you get the aerosol paint in 1956 Tango?
  • Options

Was it a really, really big marker pen?
  • Options

I wasn't born til 67, so it must have been my dad...... :blush:
  • Options
    The wooden shed between the (red) fence and grandstand also housed a small gymnasium. The goalies (like Charlie Wright) used to do lots of their exercises in there after the training on the pitch (which happened about once a week). Note the floodlights are missing - they only arrived in 1961 (I think?).

PS Love the grafitti Tangoman!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

The wooden shed between the (red) fence and grandstand also housed a small gymnasium. The goalies (like Charlie Wright) used to do lots of their exercises in there after the training on the pitch (which happened about once a week). Note the floodlights are missing - they only arrived in 1961 (I think?).

PS Love the grafitti Tangoman!

Did games kick off earlier in the winter? (I.e. before floodlights)
  • Options
    Before the lights...midwinter KO 2.15 or 2.30 (Cup where extra time might be needed 1.45.
  • Options

Before the lights...midwinter KO 2.15 or 2.30 (Cup where extra time might be needed 1.45.

Ah right, thanks. One of the many changes in the world of football!
  • Options

Also the occasional evening game that kicked off at 6.15pm. Used to go straight from school.