Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton at home this Saturday U11's £1

Tickets are also still available for Saturday's home game against Brighton & Hove Albion where U11s can watch for just £1.
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/watford-away-tickets-now-on-general-sale-2183270.aspx#tzdYKAAZlJirm8BB.99

Comments

• the way we're playing at the moment, that's far too expensive.
  • Could be the worst £1 you'd ever spend as a parent the form we're in, could be a cauldron of boo's from the stands and crap on the pitch, the kid would never want to return again!
  • Could be the worst £1 you'd ever spend as a parent the form we're in, could be a cauldron of boo's from the stands and crap on the pitch, the kid would never want to return again!

they'll just think it's a pantomime.
  • Macronate said:

Could be the worst £1 you'd ever spend as a parent the form we're in, could be a cauldron of boo's from the stands and crap on the pitch, the kid would never want to return again!

they'll just think it's a pantomime.
    Bikey: Etheridge!!... the fucking ball its behind you
    Etheridge: Oh no it isnt.
    Commentator: Oh yes it is, and its 1-0 Brighton
  • Tickets are also still available for Saturday's home game against Brighton & Hove Albion where U11s can watch for just £1.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/watford-away-tickets-now-on-general-sale-2183270.aspx#tzdYKAAZlJirm8BB.99

Good idea, the result might not be all that important for an under 11.

• I have to get 4 trains each way (like last week) and for that reason...I'm gardening.
  • Nah not falling for that one anymore. I'll pass thanks...
  • If the Charlton "supporters" that post on here, actually went to the games, our attendances would likely rise by a thousand.

It will be shit. Brighton will piss all over us. I am going to the rugby instead... ;0)

I have been in sub 4000 crowds watching Charlton at the Valley, Sellout Park and Upton Park. Don't mean I don't bleed Charlton Athletic but the product is just crap and it is not worth even £1 to me at this moment in time.

Saying that, if I do not go to the the Valley for next ten years, the hair on the back of my neck will still stand on end when the team runs out to "The Red Red Robbin", my eyes will still mist up remembering dear family and friends no longer with us who I have stood with following the Addicks. If they really want another thousand on the attendance, then YOU start making the effort Charlton Athletic. I have earned my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• So what's the deal with the train situation on Saturday ?
  • The Metropolitan Police have informed the club that they anticipate widespread rail problems on the day, and those who usually travel to The Valley by train may need to seek an alternative route. On the day of the match there will no trains running to or from Charlton from London Bridge, London Charing Cross or London Cannon Street.

Trains from the above stations will still be running to Lewisham where a bus replacement service will be running.

Two trains per hour will run between Charlton and London Victoria.

Meanwhile, replacement buses will run between Haywards Heath and Brighton/Lewes and the Bedford to Brighton services will not run between Haywards Heath and Brighton. London Bridge to Brighton services will not run and replacement buses will run between Three Bridges/Haywards Heath and Brighton.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#g6jWTSBrJqXlCYBT.99
  • Cheers - driving it is then
  • Trains from Dartford not affected then?
  • edited January 2015
    I don't know. All I know is what they posted. But it looks ok on this link.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/DFD/CTN/100115/1532/arr

Start date
    10/01/2015
    End date
    11/01/2015

Southeastern
    Description
    Engineering work is taking place between London Charing Cross / London Cannon Street and New Cross / Charlton with various line closures.
    All weekend, no train services will call at Deptford, Greenwich, London Bridge (platforms 1 to 6), London Cannon Street, London Charing Cross, London Waterloo East, Maze Hill or Westcombe Park.
    Train services, other than those serving Hastings are revised to terminate at New Cross, London Blackfriars or London Victoria. Hastings services will call at East Croydon and Redhill but not at Orpington, Sevenoaks or Hildenborough and operate from platforms 8 to 16 at London Bridge.
    Additional services will run between New Cross and Tonbridge, calling at all stations.
    Passengers for Deptford, Greenwich, Maze Hill and Westcombe Park should travel by replacement bus service between Lewisham and Charlton.
    Passengers for London Bridge, London Cannon Street, London Charing Cross, London Waterloo or London Waterloo East have the following options:
    Travel to London Blackfriars or London Victoria and change for London Underground services.
    Change at Lewisham for train services to London Victoria
    Travel to New Cross and change for London Overground services to Canada Water and change again for London Underground services..
    Valid train tickets will be accepted as follows:
    On London Overground services between New Cross and Canada Water.
    On London Underground services by any reasonable route between Blackfriars, Canada Water, Cannon Street, Charing Cross, Embankment (for London Charing Cross), London Bridge, Southwark (for London Waterloo East), Waterloo and Victoria, underground stations.
    Planning your Journey
    For full details of these changes and the impact on your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
    To get options for your journey on London Underground, please use the Transport for London Journey Planner
    Buses replace trains between Dover Priory and Ramsgate on Saturday 10 January 2015
    More information on Buses replace trains between Dover Priory and Ramsgate on Saturday 10 January 2015
  • Thanks, they do look ok apart from the fact they are going to Victoria which is not a problem for me.
  • Sounds good! Thinking about taking my Six year old along with me now :-)
  • Is thsi a silver game or whatever they call it, so whilst its kids for a quid, the £15 tickets for casual attendees have gone up to £19? I was hoping to persuade my hard up brother in law to bring his son, but that ain't gonna work.
  • Kap10 said:

Is thsi a silver game or whatever they call it, so whilst its kids for a quid, the £15 tickets for casual attendees have gone up to £19? I was hoping to persuade my hard up brother in law to bring his son, but that ain't gonna work.

It's gold.
  • It's Gold, so cheapest adult ticket is £19.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

It's Gold, so cheapest adult ticket is £19.

24 Quid for the NWQ.
  • are trains running to Charlton from Abbey Wood?
  • Is the thinking as to which games are listed as "gold" essentially based on which teams bring the most away fans thus allowing us to charge their fans more and take advantage of the bigger gate ?

Not saying that's the wrong approach btw - just trying to figure out why a game between us and Brighton would be classified as a gold game.
  • se9addick said:

Is the thinking as to which games are listed as "gold" essentially based on which teams bring the most away fans thus allowing us to charge their fans more and take advantage of the bigger gate ?

Not saying that's the wrong approach btw - just trying to figure out why a game between us and Brighton would be classified as a gold game.

I knew itr must be some sort of precious metal.

For the casual walk up fan kids for a quid on a Gold game does not seem to be that much of an incentive
  • are trains running to Charlton from Abbey Wood?

yes
  • se9addick said:

Is the thinking as to which games are listed as "gold" essentially based on which teams bring the most away fans thus allowing us to charge their fans more and take advantage of the bigger gate ?

essentially, yes.
  • If it's a gold game, does that mean I won't be able to use my cheapy cheap A block season ticket?............
  • Gold games are based on the probabilty of selling out the away end, even at inflated prices.
  • Haven't been to a game in a while but after seeing this thread I might go now. I'm going to chance it and have a shave before the game and try my luck.

What do you think my chances are? I'm 49.
  • Only 49? I thought you were at least 65. :smile: