Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton need to sign a target man, says Bikey

Comments

• Tell us something we didn't know
  • edited January 2015
    Stating the obvious but he might just be getting fed up with being stuck up top late in games we are chasing and is looking out for himself.
  • Great idea - I can't see anyone arguing with him, can you?
  • whilst he is stating the obvious, I do think it is good that a player has stood up and said "yes we're struggling and we need some help with X, Y and Z"

I sometimes wonder if JJ should be stepping up like this on behalf of the team but that is probably for a different thread..........
  • Perhaps we should re-sign JJ :-)
  • whilst he is stating the obvious, I do think it is good that a player has stood up and said "yes we're struggling and we need some help with X, Y and Z"

I sometimes wonder if JJ should be stepping up like this on behalf of the team but that is probably for a different thread..........

You stand up against an ownership and you will feel the force of that power, JJ is not in a happy place at the moment with all regarding Charlton, trust me on that, I doubt him kicking up a fuss to the media would do him any good if RD and co. who pay his wages got wind..
  • Sponsored links:

You stand up against an ownership and you will feel the force of that power, JJ is not in a happy place at the moment with all regarding Charlton, trust me on that, I doubt him kicking up a fuss to the media would do him any good if RD and co. who pay his wages got wind..
    Please elaborate, how and why is JJ not happy? Is he annoyed with the network like a lot of us?

Please elaborate, how and why is JJ not happy? Is he annoyed with the network like a lot of us?
    he won't have an answer for you because JJ has said no such thing

Well, that makes him a shit captain.

part and parcel of accepting the armband is being the voice of the players even if that leaves you unpopular with the owner/manager.

are you sure he has said this to you?

Perhaps not as broad as the network, but the squad depth and of course he'd love to be playing more, hence the floppies thrown when he's subbed (only natural right?). He's been breathing and bleeding Charlton these past few years, and seems to be losing that edge of late. He's had a few arguments with a few characters as well, some even visible to the viewing public (not all). He doesn't seem the same around the training ground of late from someone I know, how serious it is we're not to know. Hopefully not too as the guy's been monumental to CAFC in the past few seasons, whether he's getting on or not - he's important to Charlton and Bob and co. should not lose sight of that.

• Jackson's probably peed off, because all his mates have gone /are going.

Hamer, Hughes, Morrison & Wilson.
  • Johnnie Jackson is one of the most articulate footballers I've heard speak. Never shirks a question and gives a lot of good insight.

Here's one for you News Shopper - maybe ask him about Bikey's comments when you next have a chat with him ;) I'll be surprised if you don't get a proper answer.
  • Its clear that there is some unrest in the camp and from what I read on the Blackburn match post things between BB and JJ are less than cordial. Bikey is of course correct we do need a target man, we also need cover at Left back and central defence. Right now I have no optimism that these needs will be actioned so am expecting a rough ride until the end of the season.
  • Whilst I may be biased as I was there, Bikey's comments were not as bad as everyone is making out.

We must remember that although he can speak good English, sometimes his choice of phrases is not the best, similarly to Peeters.

The whole "there was arguing" is not necessarily a bad thing, maybe more a discussion as such?

The likes Bikey, Ben Haim and Jackson are experienced characters in that dressing room and all want the best for the club, there is no denying that.

The post-match conference is on CAFCPlayer as far as i'm aware, you'll see how disappointed Bikey was, the guy looked like he needed a hug.
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ may not be as happy around the place as he was because he is realising that his time is up. Yes its important to have leaders on the pitch but not as one of a CM pairing when your legs have clearly gone. We have leaders in TBH and Bikey. He ghosts through games now before being subbed. Hes been a great servant but its time to step aside and let cousins flourish in his rightful position.
  • Jackson's probably peed off, because all his mates have gone /are going.

Hamer, Hughes, Morrison & Wilson.

Spot on covered end.

The wednesday afternoons in Covent garden.

The laughs and pranks at the training ground mainly by Hamer and Hughes.

end of an era for Jackson.
  • He misses Danny Green's banter.
  • Wonder what big George made of these comments
  • See Bikey is in possession of great insight and not just a big lummox
  • Bob put him up to this
  • New statement just posted on the OS from Bikey, make of it what you will. They've obviously caught wind of the fuss his interview caused ..
  • J BLOCK said:

New statement just posted on the OS from Bikey, make of it what you will. They've obviously caught wind of the fuss his interview caused ..

Official site usually post the same interview or a similar one that a player gives after the game, so don't look too much into that.
  • dizzee said:

Bob put him up to this

Wouldn't be surprised, and wouldn't blame him either, he's been saying the same for weeks in his own post match interviews. Shame he has to do it via the press though.
  • It is nice to hear that the players have had a heated discussion... It means that they care about the situation we're in and that they themselves dont want their CV's blotted with a relegation from the Championship on there (which always works well for Charlton), dont ever remember hearing comments like this when we were relegated from the Premier League and Championship