Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new years honours

After supporting Charlton for over 50years I thought I might get a OBE for continued support of the bewildered. They gave James corden and the girl that played cilla a honour but I am sure I deserve one more for the years of disappointment I have endured

Comments

• We just have to grin and bear it mate.
  • James Corden got an OBE? He's an absolute prick.
  • What have people got against James Corden? lol
  • Thought Russell Bland may have got a knighthood....
  • I was hoping Miranda would be our next Queen.
  • Honours system is a joke. But not surprising given the cult of celebrity which dominates modern society.

• Honours system is a joke. But not surprising given the cult of celebrity which dominates modern society.

There were over 1'100 given out. I have heard of about twenty of the recipients. Hardly an overwhelming percentage really?
  • paulc said:

After supporting Charlton for over 50years I thought I might get a OBE for continued support of the bewildered. They gave James corden and the girl that played cilla a honour but I am sure I deserve one more for the years of disappointment I have endured

Well, I'd certainly give Sheridan Smith one...
  • James Corden is a leech.
  • Sponsored links:

• James Corden got an OBE? He's an absolute prick.

how the f*ck has he managed that, what a joke!
  • one of my neighbours has an OBE for services to cats ! ffs wtf !
  • lolwray said:

one of my neighbours has an OBE for services to cats ! ffs wtf !

Great OBE ...services to the pussy ..
  • Surely they must have accidentally left the SE off the end of Corden's new honour...

if you ever want to know how long you can live off co-writing a good bbc comedy, Corden is your man. I'm convinced Ruth Jones wrote most of it since everything corden's done since has been distinctly unfunny.
  • Gavin & Stacey wasn't even any good, although compared to Miranda it's the sitcom of the century.
  • The level of dislike and envy of totally inoffensive celebrities on this forum surprises me sometimes. We are not talking Richard Littlejohn or Piers Morgan here.

if you ever want to know how long you can live off co-writing a good bbc comedy, Corden is your man. I'm convinced Ruth Jones wrote most of it since everything corden's done since has been distinctly unfunny.
    He's built a very successful career so I guess you're wrong.
  • And then we get me and PL54, who don't see the world in the same way generally, but we are very much in harmony on this thread. That is why I love this forum.