Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's the deal with Bulot and Moussa?

Bulot - is he injured / unsettled / unfit / not seen as good enough?

Moussa - I'm presuming injured, anything said on when he is due back ?

Comments

• Bulot gone on international duty and Moussa back next week hopefully.
  • Also sounds like Vetokele, Moussa and Solly should all be back for Brighton. Wiggins also resuming training.From Richard Cawley Twitter
  • Bulot for me looks to have some class but he has not had either game time and perhaps enough time in this country to show us the real player.

Not got such a clear picture in my mind about Moussa. Certainly not had a run of games and unlucky with injury but I've been disapointed in what little I have seen. I thought he was a decent signing tbh.
  • Yep, I thought Moussa would be a very good signing. He's been a massive disappointment.
  • Yep, I thought Moussa would be a very good signing. He's been a massive disappointment.

Has big potential, think he's adjusting to the championship "he'll come good"
  • Gumbo said:

Yep, I thought Moussa would be a very good signing. He's been a massive disappointment.

My recollection was that he continually got into good situations and then made the wrong decision.
  • Only 21 tho so he's gonna make mistakes
  • Gumbo said:

Yep, I thought Moussa would be a very good signing. He's been a massive disappointment.

The way we are heading, he won't need to adjust :-( (unless we make 5 decent signings).
  • Bulot did his hamstring at Fulham. Takes a while to get over that and now he's with Gabon.
  • Moussa always seems to be looking for a worldly to add to his Youtube collection.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moussa loves running into defenders. It's his favourite. It's a shame because the fact I've seen him run into a defender a million times despite him barely playing means that he is getting himself into decent positions to be an outlet for us. Bob seems to like bringing him on to stretch defences when we're leading near the end (remember that??) and he's certainly good at getting the ball into the opposition's half. If he could ever beat his man he might be worthwhile but for now all he does is put the pressure back on us when he bounces off a defender.

As for Bulot, he seems to be ok at everything and excellent at nothing.
  • Moussa I like, brings a lot of pace to the midfield
  • Bulot looks ill suited to the Championship. Falls over a gust of wind.
  • Gumbo said:

Only 21 tho so he's gonna make mistakes

Moussa's 25 and Bulot's 24.

I don't think we've seen enough of either to really judge. That's not to say I've been impressed by what I have seen, but neither have had a run of games.
  • Moussa is back training. Wiggins starting to train from tomorrow.

Vetokele still has that achilles problem, i think we rushed him too quickly and it hasn't fully recovered.
  • Bulot came on at Ipswich, didn't do much other than impersonate Cousins.
  • Moussa is back training. Wiggins starting to train from tomorrow.

Vetokele still has that achilles problem, i think we rushed him too quickly and it hasn't fully recovered.

So chances are Saturday will be Watt and Tucudean not really inspiring, not that i would want to risk vetokele if only half fit, just adds to the depression.
  • Moussa is still one who I reckon could come good, he's been a little unlucky to be in and out with injury and his role as super sub meant he hasn't really got a good run going to settle down. Potentially with Buyens out Jackson and/or Cousins will be dropping further back so he might be in with a chance to make a mark.

Bulot just seems to be there without being anything much. Bit of an odd one considering I still can't work out exactly what he brings to anything much.
  • Might be showing myself up here but wasn't Moussa from Coventry?

How good is he expected to be?
  • Coventry's player of the year I may add. They had a good season that year too
  • Sponsored links:

• Bulot looked so uninterested against Ipswich
  • Kap10 said:

Moussa is back training. Wiggins starting to train from tomorrow.

So chances are Saturday will be Watt and Tucudean not really inspiring, not that i would want to risk vetokele if only half fit, just adds to the depression.
    Is Pigott anything like ready?
  • Kap10 said:

Gumbo said:

My recollection was that he continually got into good situations and then made the wrong decision.
    Spot on. Would always try and take on a person, and end up giving the ball away, when a vital pass was on the cards instead.
  • If fit I'd start moussa on the left and cousins in the middle with JJ vs Brighton
  • My view is that Buyens and Bulot don't really want to be here and it shows in their attitudes.

Rumours of them both falling out of favour with the coaching staff at SL so they have been pushed in our direction so the network gets it's money's worth!

Buyens won't be here next season as I believe he is out of contract at SL so will move to a better team than us and Bulot will go back to SL.
  • Moussa is bang average IMO
  • Big_Bob said:

Moussa is bang average IMO

Given that there are a lot of players playing below average that would probably be an improvement !

I agree though, I don't think he's brilliant and I don't think he's a long term solution but a midfield that looked something like

JBG Jackson Cousins Moussa

against Brighton would be acceptable.
  • He looked like a player out of his depth sadly, which he is.

I have an awful feeling we may be seeing Solly back in CM this weekend
  • Moussa has said himself that he's a advanced central midfielder who likes to link up with the forwards (the role mainly occupied by JJ). Only seem to recall him playing either on the left or as the second striker, so we've yet to see him play in his natural position.

So I won't be judging him until Bob gives him a good run as a left back............
  • Meire said they looked at 25 players over the summer but struggled to attract them until Vetokele and Gudmundsson signed. We don't know who they were but my guess is that we signed Moussa to build up the squad. I'm not down on him but I simply want to see more quality in the front six... Better than Harriot... And better than Tucudean to be brutally honest.
    Re. Bulot I'm surprised we've not seen more of him given we've not been strong down the left wing.
    Let's see how we line up vs Brighton