Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peters out.....

Yet another season peters out in January!

;-)

Comments

• We can concentrate on the league now.
  • Your spelling seems to be as good as your knowledge of football.
  • Andy Peters coming out?
  • mickc said:

Andy Peters coming out?

Poor old Gordon the Gopher.
  • mickc said:

Andy Peters coming out?

Who'd have thought!
  • Very clever.
  • Might be joking, but it already feels like it is. Out of both cups, play offs getting away from us. Doesn't feel there is going to be too much to get excited about other the next four months
  • Might be joking, but it already feels like it is. Out of both cups, play offs getting away from us. Doesn't feel there is going to be too much to get excited about other the next four months

The thing is after last season if you had offered me this I would have munched your arm off
  • I have to admit when i saw the team i put my head in my hands and told my mates to stay in the pub....i wasn't too far wrong...dreadful game :(

Relegation?
  • Sponsored links:

Maybe, but given where we were a year or so ago, mid-table mediocrity is fine with me for a while.
  • What a load of bolox ...give him time.
  • stonemuse said:

What a load of bolox ...give him time.

Give him some players as well.....

Of course there is - The annihilation of the Spanners!!!
  • I wouldn't describe a relegation battle as a season "petering out". And if we win the same number in our remaining 22 matches as we have in the previous 22 games (four) that is what it might well be.
  • Never fear, the annual relegation battle isn't far away........
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Might be joking, but it already feels like it is. Out of both cups, play offs getting away from us. Doesn't feel there is going to be too much to get excited about other the next four months

Maybe, but given where we were a year or so ago, mid-table mediocrity is fine with me for a while.
    depends how long the "while" lasts. looking back in June 2015 will we see this season as progress I wonder? A winter relegation scrap is on the horizon unless form turns around miraculously.
  • Since August we have taken 22 points from 19 games including just two home wins. 6 wins out of 24 not good enough.
    Based on results and performances since September I would not like us to renew his contract for next season.

Look at five or six of the teams above us who have had little or no investment to see what difference a top manager makes.
    Bournemouth, Ipswich and Brentford have been outstanding so far this season and Wolves have come from nowhere.

I do not see us finishing in the bottom half but have we seen much improvement since Powell was sacked and if so where
  • Sponsored links:

• little or no investment

Bournemouth

lol
  • Rumours in the Israeli media today that Guy Luzon, former manager of Standard and friend of RD, is to become the new Charlton manager.
  • edited January 2015
    Sorry, but isn't this thread one enormous whoosh?
  • Rumours in the Israeli media today that Guy Luzon, former manager of Standard and friend of RD, is to become the new Charlton manager.

Wouldn't be at all shocked to see him turn up as manager in the future.
  • Oh dear.

When the red red robin goes BOB BOB BOBIN along.
  • edited January 2015
    We need a manager who can rotate his squad effectively and get the best out of his players (especially the younger talent). It would be a great if he could play attractive attacking football too. Our previous manager could do it but I haven't seen much evidence from Bob yet.
  • Jose Riga has a far more impressive CV than Guy Luzon. Hope rumour is NOT true. If we are to replace Peters we need an experienced Manager with a sound knowledge of the Championship.
  • BillG said:

Jose Riga has a far more impressive CV than Guy Luzon. Hope rumour is NOT true. If we are to replace Peters we need an experienced Manager with a sound knowledge of the Championship.

Or maybe just one who knows you need a centre forward in a football team.
  • BillG said:

Jose Riga has a far more impressive CV than Guy Luzon. Hope rumour is NOT true. If we are to replace Peters we need an experienced Manager with a sound knowledge of the Championship.

Warnock?
  • edited January 2015
    MrOneLung said:

Could be worse. We finished as low a ninth two seasons ago and apparently we are overflowing with better players now so am sure we are looking at eighth minimum.

Personally I'd take that squad (and manager) over the one we have now.

Igor is on par with Yann in many people's eyes (not mine). But at least then we had Fuller, Haynes and BWP to back up.

Our keeper/defence had little problem in that season.

Midfield is the only possible improvement but that also looks depleted in the current squad.

Besides man for man comparisons - that team that finished 9th was a proper TEAM that worked tooth and nail for each other and all bought into the idea of playing for Charlton. They were hungry. They wasn't a mish-mash of players taken from network clubs and loanees.