Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich supporter in peace

Hello. I've seen both of our recent games and read the main thread on here about the game the other day.

Can I just get one thing out of the way - one of you lot were talking about the money the likes of us, Bournemouth, Derby, Forest etc. have spent. Erm, please don't include us in that. We've spent 10 grand. And that was on a player who didn't play against you in the Portman Road game. So that team was entirely freebies.

Also, someone mentioned the cash that Roy Keane (spit) splashed. Every player that twit bought has gone (if you do change manager, please, please, don't go near Roy Keane).

Anyway, I've seen a fair bit of despondency on these pages, and it's not deserved. I think, from what I've seen, you have a decent side. You're a bit like us last season. You were really unlucky in the game at your place, and at ours you played some decent stuff too. Unlike someone on here said, I don't think the scoreline was flattering - McGoldrick hit both posts, the crossbar, and set up one for Bru that was cleared off the line, but I felt all you lacked was a striker. Someone who can put the ball in the old onion bag.

We've been lucky. Murphy and McGoldrick have come good out of nowhere (and we have a pretty solid defence, which is less about luck) but I really do feel if Charlton can get a couple of forwards who'll do what ours do, you'll be challengers next year. Bookmark this post and see if I'm right..

Keep the faith.

All the best, Dolly ITFC.

Comments

• Hello. I've seen both of our recent games and read the main thread on here about the game the other day.

Can I just get one thing out of the way - one of you lot were talking about the money the likes of us, Bournemouth, Derby, Forest etc. have spent. Erm, please don't include us in that. We've spent 10 grand. And that was on a player who didn't play against you in the Portman Road game. So that team was entirely freebies.

Also, someone mentioned the cash that Roy Keane (spit) splashed. Every player that twit bought has gone (if you do change manager, please, please, don't go near Roy Keane).

Anyway, I've seen a fair bit of despondency on these pages, and it's not deserved. I think, from what I've seen, you have a decent side. You're a bit like us last season. You were really unlucky in the game at your place, and at ours you played some decent stuff too. Unlike someone on here said, I don't think the scoreline was flattering - McGoldrick hit both posts, the crossbar, and set up one for Bru that was cleared off the line, but I felt all you lacked was a striker. Someone who can put the ball in the old onion bag.

We've been lucky. Murphy and McGoldrick have come good out of nowhere (and we have a pretty solid defence, which is less about luck) but I really do feel if Charlton can get a couple of forwards who'll do what ours do, you'll be challengers next year. Bookmark this post and see if I'm right..

Keep the faith.

It's because you have a quality manager as well. Unfortunately we don't. Good luck and I hope you go up.
  • edited January 2015
    Your board appointed Mick McCarthy. I'm not surprised to see you looking good for promotion two years later.

Stick around, see if you're right for yourself.
  • Hello. I've seen both of our recent games and read the main thread on here about the game the other day.

Keep the faith.

It's because you have a quality manager as well. Unfortunately we don't. Good luck and I hope you go up.
    Agree. And Ipswich also don't belong to a network of clubs where players get passed about.
  • I think I love you Dolly.
  • Cheers Dolly x
    PS Don't go near the Millwall board...
  • Thanks for taking the time to put us right, Dolly :-)

But it'll take more than that to cheer us up after this afternoon's woeful showing !
  • Fair play
    Amazing what a good manager can do
    Riga turned things around in the short time he spent with us
    Good luck for promotion dolly
  • Cheers mate, good to hear ...oh, by the way, I agree with you about next season. Our network and manager will work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was expecting to discover Lamby had joined the tractorboys forum. phew.

Nah. He doesn't like them anymore. In fact he's an extractor fan.
  • You're in pieces? I'm in pieces! I'm the one who has to watch that week in week out.
  • edited January 2015
    One thing I will never understand: how the f**k has Daryl Murphy bagged 17 this season? He's 31 years of age, and scored over a quarter of the league goals accumulated over his 13 year professional career in just four months (no, really). Absolutely baffling.
  • stonemuse said:

Cheers mate, good to hear ...oh, by the way, I agree with you about next season. Our network and manager will work.

Wish I could share your confidence in that! Or are you being ironic?
  • Cheers for the nice comments all.

Seth - yeah a lot of our fans complain about the match day prices (for us AND the away fans). They've been brought up several times in AGMs etc. but all the club really say is they think the prices are about right. Doesn't seem to be much we can do about it!

I_Saw - we're all baffled about how Murphy has suddenly come so good. I guess the answer is players mature at different times and now is his time. It's not just the quantity either, there's some really good goals in there, from way out, both feet and headers. And he doesn't even take the pens.

Southampton away today, who've just beaten Arsenal 2-0. I imagine that's going to bring us back down to earth!
  • stonemuse said:

Cheers mate, good to hear ...oh, by the way, I agree with you about next season. Our network and manager will work.

Wish I could share your confidence in that! Or are you being ironic?
    I'm serious and wish others would stop looking for immediate fixes ...this will take time.
  • One thing I will never understand: how the f**k has Daryl Murphy bagged 17 this season? He's 31 years of age, and scored over a quarter of the league goals accumulated over his 13 year professional career in just four months (no, really). Absolutely baffling.

Maybe it's the players behind him who can create chances for him, and can understand how he plays. All footballers have it in them. They're there for a reason, excepts some players who get there cause if their dad etc.
  • dizzee said:

One thing I will never understand: how the f**k has Daryl Murphy bagged 17 this season? He's 31 years of age, and scored over a quarter of the league goals accumulated over his 13 year professional career in just four months (no, really). Absolutely baffling.

Maybe it's the players behind him who can create chances for him, and can understand how he plays. All footballers have it in them. They're there for a reason, excepts some players who get there cause if their dad etc.
    "All footballers have it in them" is hardly a legitimate response. Would you say the same about Simon Church? I would suggest that Murphy has played in more incisive teams than the current Ipswich team, yet has struggled virtually everywhere else he's been. I doubt many would argue he's playing with better players now than he was at Sunderland (both Premiership and Championship), where he scored once every ten games or so.

Horses for courses. The bloke will struggle to score five next season (if they go up).
  • My Dad was and my many cousins in Bury St Edmunds are 'swich fans .. I wish you well except against us ... you now have one of the best, most experienced and pragmatic managers in the country working for you, this season could be now or never .. I think it will be now, that is promotion come April .. thing is staying there
  • I have a soft spot for Ipswich and I'm glad they're doing well.......sometimes I do wish we'd got big Mick in........he's a very good championship manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a soft spot for Ipswich and I'm glad they're doing well.......sometimes I do wish we'd got big Mick in........he's a very good championship manager.

Yes, but I can't see Big Mick putting up with the kind of player recruitment, financial constraints and network- centricity that we are having to live with. Oil and water, I suspect.
  • Roland versus Roy Keane ?

That's more like oil & water.
  • Roland versus Roy Keane ?

Even more so, Fanny. God, the thought of Keane as head coach at our club is truly dreadful. Psycho-nutter-maniac!
  • Davo55 said:

Roland versus Roy Keane ?

Even more so, Fanny. God, the thought of Keane as head coach at our club is truly dreadful. Psycho-nutter-maniac!
    Should fit in well on here then. :-0