Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What was the story with the confiscated flags?

Anyone know what was going on? Sounds a bit embarrassing from the post match comments...

Comments

• I don't know, but it makes me wish I hadn't just spent £200 on a huge 'West Stand Fanatics' banner.
  • Absurdistan nicked them all?
  • Uboat said:

I don't know, but it makes me wish I hadn't just spent £200 on a huge 'West Stand Fanatics' banner.

Has it got pictures of tartan blankets and flasks on it?
  • Uboat said:

I don't know, but it makes me wish I hadn't just spent £200 on a huge 'West Stand Fanatics' banner.

Has it got pictures of tartan blankets and flasks on it?
    Yes, but the dominating image is an old bloke, asleep.
  • edited January 2015
    It was stewards, who I believe were likely to have been acting on instructions, looked like they were issuing receipts for two confiscated flags.
    Incidentally, even tho Seb was there, his flag was not in the usual place, so maybe it was an anti flag initiative, but not for the massive Blackburn flag.
  • edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

It was stewards, who I believe were likely to have been acting on instructions, looked like they were issuing receipts for two confiscated flags.
    Incidentally, even tho Seb was there, his flag was not in the usual place, so maybe it was an anti flag initiative, but not for the massive Blackburn flag.

His flag was over the other side of the north lower
  • seth plum said:

His flag was over the other side of the north lower
    Rock on Seb, legend.
    If Seb had been treated the way the guests were, we would be (rightly) indignant.
  • Here's a photo of the flag up at the NE quadrant, thought it was a complete joke the stewards had been asked to take it down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't that a Standard Leige flag?
  • But why the confiscation?
  • Yes, guests of a Charlton fan apparently for the day.
  • it did say all stewards are c--nts tho
  • Found on web "Oli Boys Hasselt, are a group of Standard supporters who, under the watchful eye of president Cut, always cheer their team with full dedication !!!"
    however also "@OliBoysHasselt is blocked. Are you sure you want to view these Tweets? Viewing Tweets won't unblock"
    so not sure what all this means.
    Hasslet is a place in Belgium, presumably near Liege
  • it did say all stewards are c--nts tho

Truth must of hurt lol
  • edited January 2015
    I'm told that the Belgians went into the quadrant, which was closed, without permission and put the flag up. The stewards took exception to their attitude when challenged, which resulted in the flag being confiscated. It was mainly a communication issue and amicably resolved after the game.
  • Ah, stewards not liking people's attitudes, heard the exact same thing yesterday. Some of these mobys need to get over themselves, wearing a yellow hi viz does not make you God of all you survey (sic), especially one wannabe gangster in the lower north who thinks it's fine to kiss his teeth at customers (I repeat....customers)
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Ah, stewards not liking people's attitudes, heard the exact same thing yesterday. Some of these mobys need to get over themselves, wearing a yellow hi viz does not make you God of all you survey (sic), especially one wannabe gangster in the lower north who thinks it's fine to kiss his teeth at customers (I repeat....customers)

So you've had it to?
    I had the pleasure of meeting him Saturday.