Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters: Charlton made it too easy for Blackburn

Comments

• At least he didn't say:

1. I thought we played well.

2. It's impossible to defend against big players who head the ball.
  • “The last thing we wanted today was a replay,” he said.

That's nice to know........
  • I'm.beginning to get irritated with Bob's honesty and stating the bleeding obvious .
    Just sort it out mate.
  • I know we need new players but has Peters lost or nearly lost the dressing room? RD will bring in a new Manager I feel.

True though isn't it?
  • Talal said:

Can't even be bothered to read it

Yes, because going on that site you get irritating noisy adverts shoved down the computer at you.
    Sorry News Shopper, however enticing your headline may be, as soon as I see it's you I don't bother because of the poxy invasiveness of your website.

• J BLOCK said:

“The last thing we wanted today was a replay,” he said.

True though isn't it?
    I'd rather draw than lose, and have a chance to have a replay.

His team selection was contradictory if he didn't care about the tie (of which it is 2 legs if you draw), why play almost a full strength team if he didn't want to draw when we went behind, and if he only wanted to win (not draw) - why did we not see full on attacking?

Losing is a habit, Bob's got that habit.
  • Blames it on injuries this week.
  • So what will Peeters do about it? Will he bollock and drop Bikey who was so far out of position it was unbelievable.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Talal said:

Yes, because going on that site you get irritating noisy adverts shoved down the computer at you.
    Sorry News Shopper, however enticing your headline may be, as soon as I see it's you I don't bother because of the poxy invasiveness of your website.

That wasn't why, but, fair points.
  • You need a new scriptwriter Bob.

• Awful defending the team appears to have lost spirit and Bob seems to have lost his way. Rumours that he could be gone soon may explain why he looks so
    disinterested.
  • Is he gunna discuss our problems or just give news shopper the play by play? Perhaps he should take over for Terry Smith and Peter Finch
  • I wish he just fxxkoff .I was so happy with jose riga. He can't even except he the one to blame. Excuses excuses week in week out
  • At the start I of the season I can remember Bob being out on the line shouting, continuously communicating with the players almost in a way that he wanted to be playing. Havent seen that in him for months now. Just claps in a sarcastic 'well done' way when players make mistakes and looks a down beat as Powell did when his time was almost up.
  • Lazy journalism here seeing that BP has a poppy on his jacket there!!!
  • redman said:

So what will Peeters do about it? Will he bollock and drop Bikey who was so far out of position it was unbelievable.

Big Bob vs Bikey going at it would be worthy of Caesers Palace.
  • edited January 2015
    I read in his CV that he is multilingual, Flemish, Dutch, English and a smattering of the bleeding obvious...
  • Snuck in the old "young guns" though didn't he - banker
  • Sponsored links:

• Needs help from the master
  • Davo55 said:

At least he didn't say:

1. I thought we played well.

2. It's impossible to defend against big players who head the ball.

3. Young guns.
  • Whats wrong with a replay and actually being in the fourth round draw for a change, like Millwall are? Don't tell me we need to concentrate on the league or that players are tired. Bob, we would like to still be in the cup, not having lost all interest in it by 5pm on 3rd Jan! Perhaps i'm just old fashioned.
  • I don't think he's lost the dressing room but he's certainly beginnning to lose some of the fans (not suprising with some of the sensitive souls that support us)

If we get off to a bad start against Brighton I can see a poisonous atmosphere start to creep back into The Valley. He needs to sort it out. Fast.
  • Talal said:

Too tired?
  • I really think he lost the dressing room after Ipswich at home when he did not speak to the players after.
  • I really think he lost the dressing room after Ipswich at home when he did not speak to the players after.

Not necessarily.

Often managers will say that they do not speak to players immediately after the game, they like to think about the performance first rather than the emotion of the game letting them say things they may regret later.

Is that why we didn't try to equalise a second time?
  • "The second goal we gave away too easy. I know it’s not too easy when you play three at the back"

Then why did you think it would be a good idea to play it, you braindead idiot.
  • cafctom said:

"The second goal we gave away too easy. I know it’s not too easy when you play three at the back"

Then why did you think it would be a good idea to play it, you braindead idiot.

I dunno it seems there were plenty of people on here demanding that Bob try 3-5-2, whole thread created about it... :)