Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we really this bad?

Is it down to the players or a manager who doesn't have a clue? Truly stunned by the way we played today - seem to be getting steadily worse.
What does it need to turn things around?

Comments

• Today we were.
  • It's always darkest just before dawn.
  • And to think the dinosaur david Dunn run the show and they let us off lightly by leaving their best 2 players on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• How about starting Gomez in his best position at centre half and starting Cousins in his best position at centre midfield and Gudmundsson in the position that suits him best just off the main striker!

Agreed. Quite simple really.
  • I thought we would struggle this year so bob had achieved more than what I expected
  • Are we really this bad?

YES!!!!!
  • How about starting Gomez in his best position at centre half and starting Cousins in his best position at centre midfield and Gudmundsson in the position that suits him best just off the main striker!

So who's the main striker? Up front on their own like that doesn't suit any of the ones we have...
  • We got a keeper who couldn't get in at Oldham
    a young left back who has lost confidence
    a left winger on loan but he prefers a centre mid to play there instead says a lot about bolot
    A left winger that he plays up top instead of his other strikers

Yes we are that bad even beating Watford Bolton earlier in the season papered over cracks we exceptional for a long time at the back but toothless up top
  • We will have Solly, Watt and Vetokele available next Saturday - is that enough to make a difference?
    Buyens will be out suspended and Henderson now out for the season... When is Wiggins back?
    Once again most can predict the selection for the back five but I've no idea who will be in the front six, how they will line up and how they will play...

It's always darkest just before dawn.

I remember posting that quote this time last year!

They have this month to get it right such that we arrive in May in one piece and ideally prepare for the next step up. It's no good people having regrets in February or March saying if only this or that...time to fix the squad to ensure we sort this out and win some games.

• We've been worse ... Amazingly
  • Blame goes onto RD for his strategy that simply won't work, he wants profit by using our team as a stepping platform to increase players values from elsewhere in the network and lots of cheap wage youth players that are worth a lot (if they are top quality) in England. Unless we are really pressing (I am talking top 3 and within touching distance of top), he will not be spending the necessary bucks in this league, instead take more gambles on network players with no experience in this league - and only when they are unwanted elsewhere. The hit rate of these so far have been abysmal.

Secondly the blame goes onto both BP and the players, the shit hit the fan once we had been worked out, of which we totally have now, (and a few injuries) and BP has flapped about, he doesn't know what to do.. The players are being played all over the place with a different task every few minutes, so I blame them a little less, and a few are very very young (Gomez and KAG). And BP's judgement of a young player to adapt to this league is very poor, I could tell within a few games Pope & Fox are out of their depth, BP pushed and pushed them and has shattered them into pieces, Fox looks gormless out there bless him and Pope also, been outed to the media and that is poor poor poor management to a young player - especially from a coach renown for his treatment and usage of 'young guns'

And yes we are really this bad until real reinforcements come in, but from the *potential* (plus Watt which is near on sorted) signings I know of none really excite me to fire us up the league.

Just my opinions, some will disagree and find excuses.. Which is exactly what BP is excelling in at the moment, pushing the blame away from himself with excuses.

Couldn't have put it better myself. We are a business that needs to 'tick over' nothing more.
  • We were worse last season
  • Sponsored links:

• We will have Solly, Watt and Vetokele available next Saturday - is that enough to make a difference?
    Buyens will be out suspended and Henderson now out for the season... When is Wiggins back?
    Once again most can predict the selection for the back five but I've no idea who will be in the front six, how they will line up and how they will play...

It's always darkest just before dawn.

I remember posting that quote this time last year!

They have this month to get it right such that we arrive in May in one piece and ideally prepare for the next step up. It's no good people having regrets in February or March saying if only this or that...time to fix the squad to ensure we sort this out and win some games.

Has it been confirmed that Henderson is out for the year?? Iv seen it nowhere
  • And there will be no excuses of a poor pitch and the fixture pile up it and the cup run caused @PragueAddick.
  • edited January 2015

We were worse last season

Agreed but I would suggest it was more Febuary time.

Just coming back from Prague, nice place @PragueAddick‌
  • I'm just back from Prague too, very nice!!
  • We didn't seem to get going yesterday. 10 minutes to go, down 2-1 in the cup and we allow Blackburn to play keep ball. Someone said on the post-match-views, if we are putting Bikey up front and leaving Piggott on the bench the he may as well give up.
  • We have some ok players. i'm worried about how they are being managed and coached.

All interest in this season is effectively over as we should be able to grab the five or six wins we still need to stay up. But in June will we see this season as progress?

And more to the point how is RD expecting to get a return on his investment? Who is going to be sold in the summer on a dwindling reputation? Without sales of the likes of Cousins how does RD stop the £3-4m leakage just running this show is costing him?
  • We have some ok players. i'm worried about how they are being managed and coached.

All interest in this season is effectively over as we should be able to grab the five or six wins we still need to stay up. But in June will we see this season as progress?

And more to the point how is RD expecting to get a return on his investment? Who is going to be sold in the summer on a dwindling reputation? Without sales of the likes of Cousins how does RD stop the £3-4m leakage just running this show is costing him?

Good post. Football is about results and a decent run will change how the owner and BP are perceived quite quickly. We are indisputably in a better position financially with the current owners than the previous ones though.

In terms of entertainment there's not much in it for me at the moment. Yesterday was as uninspiring and dull as anything Powell served up towards the end of his time.

Can our slide towards the bottom 6 be stopped? Not sure. Yes we need new players but BP needs a kick up the arse too. Players out of position, poor corners, a lack of team cohesion, no movement and a lack of spirit in the team- it's his job to address this.

Finally, I agree that the commercial logic underpinning Roland's approach is not clear. If it is increasing player values that balances the books, then running with a paper thin squad will erode player sale values rather than increase it. It is difficult to argue that Gomez, Cousins and Vetokele for example are worth more now than they were at the start of the season.
  • I didn't think we were that bad for the whole Blackburn cup game. I felt it was only the last half hour we went off the boil. For quite a lot of the first half we had good possession. At the time we deserved the equaliser but it was after their second where it stopped going so well. It was then we lost our way for whatever reason but at the same time Blackburn shut up shop and kept possession really well and defended well in our half. Yes, it was lapses of concentration for both their goals.
  • We badly miss Henderson, and Vetokele needs to get his mojo back. Hopeful about Watt, can't buy into this writing off before he's even played.

And yes, we were far far worse last season, bored of the pitch being the reason, loads of better footballing sides came and passed us off the bog