Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's 2nd Substitution - Gomez on for Gudmundsson.

Unless Gudmundsson picked up an injury, this substitution just sums us up at the moment.
Gudmundsson is the only player we have at the moment who is capable of creating something half decent.
Can't understand the reasons for Peeters subbing him off for a defender when we need an equaliser.

Comments

• He must have got a knock. There cannot be any other logical reason unless Bob has finally lost it.
  • edited January 2015
    We are looking very short of quality now. Cousins will have to join JJ in middle next game. No Onyewu, Fox found wanting but no alternatives. Harriott Buyens banned so JBH wide left, Wilson right but no midfield cover at all with Bulot in Africa and Moussa crocked. Only kids cover for back 4.
  • Probably because he was on a yellow. With Buyens due a suspension and thin enough midfield squad pickings already, BP didn't want to risk losing JBG too, l suspect.

Might well have thought the game was already gone or didn't particularly fancy a draw either.
  • He was throwing himself into tackles and was looking like he would be sent off any second. It was, in my view, a very good substitution.
  • Well Gomez came on so Bikey could go up front. Gudmunsson was the sacrifice. Strange it wasn't for Jackson though.
  • JBG walked down the tunnel with an ice pack strapped to his ankle.
  • Seems precautionary, a weak midfield is about to get weaker, no point risking the one remaining creative player we have left. He wasn't on fire anyway besides that free kick, his deliveries were pretty poor for me so it wasn't a huge loss. Bob has made mistakes but this wasn't one of them as far as I'm concerned.
  • JaShea99 said:

Well Gomez came on so Bikey could go up front. Gudmunsson was the sacrifice. Strange it wasn't for Jackson though.

Don't think Peeters has got the guts to take off Bikey which is what he should have done

• The game was up by then and I suspect that Peeters didn't want to lose him for next week as a result of a second yellow or aggravating a knock.
  • Suspect it would have been Jackson who got the hook if JBG hadn't got booked.

Buyens idiotic tackle forced BPs hand. Losing both of them suspended for what is now a huge game vs Brighton would have been a nightmare.