Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rain - I fear a pitch inspection

Chucking it down all night and the forecast has it set in for the day, possibility or not?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    This time last year for sure but I'd be gutted if I was Rolly and the ref thought the game might be in doubt having spent neatly £1m on it in the summer.
  • No fear - they will probably put the sprinklers on too just to show us how good it is now...
  • No worries, get an early goal then thanks to sillav nitram we can park the barge.
  • I think when we see how effective our passing game is on a quick, wet but quality pitch we will be calling out for the sprinklers before each home match.

4-0 charlton COYR!
  • I've seen comments from the groundsman that the pitch drains almost too well and that it was really difficult to get enough water on it.

This time last year it would have been called off if Michael Fish forecasted rain for 5 mins a day before kick off.

Will be amazed if there is even a hint of an inspection.
  • edited January 2015

After standing in Yeovil away 2009 for 90 minutes, I can't imagine any weather where a game should get called off.

In the words of Max Boyce, " I was there." Can't believe it was 2009.
  • Open the upper tiers so we don't get wet
  • Open the upper tiers so we don't get wet

• Sponsored links:

• After standing in Yeovil away 2009 for 90 minutes, I can't imagine any weather where a game should get called off.

So was I! Row AA and the linesman slipped over in front of me - only dry place was the Gents!
  • edited January 2015

Open the upper tiers so we don't get wet

Bit selfish mate, what about us 'Eaststanders', any news on the Lucy Beale killer? I hear Paulie is in the frame. :-)
  • waldo said:

After standing in Yeovil away 2009 for 90 minutes, I can't imagine any weather where a game should get called off.

So was I! Row AA and the linesman slipped over in front of me - only dry place was the Gents!
    Real men stood behind the goal.
  • And they defo didn't go and sit on the coach for the 2nd half!!! (Mentioning no names!) Horizontal rain. Ugh was grim. Still hadnt dried out by the time we got back to Bexleyheath.
  • waldo said:

Or the local pub where I ventured to at half time. I'm going to blame my mate who insisted we left whilst he was hiding in the gents but in truth I'm also a pathetic excuse of a man.
  • The pitch looks lovely.
  • The curse of the new pitch
    That's why we can't score......
    Or defend....
    Or tackle.....
    But we do get plenty of possession