Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holloway hails 'fantastic' former Charlton boss Parkinson, now in charge at Bradford

Comments

• someone is covering their 'hit' bases with that title :smiley:
  • Jog on more like..
  • Parky had a terrible period as caretaker manager and on that basis should never have got the job, but the following season did reasonably well and was unlucky to be in a very competitive L1 - Leeds, Norwich (under Paul Lambert), Scum (under Jackett), Swindon (with Charlie Austin) plus Soton (recovering from a points deduction). In most seasons we would probably have been promoted
  • Same old "Everyone was moaning at Curbishley" rubbish from Holloway.
  • edited January 2015
    It's all about perceptions.

We moan when Bob and chris would try to defend a lead.

Yet when leading Swindon 2-0 in the 2nd leg of the semi final, we went on the attack, and came unstuck.

I said about players, get in credit and you won't get pelters.
    Igor, we forgave the cardiff miss.
    Fox poor clearance, Pope poor punch + like cinders late for the ball= pelters

Parky was Pardew right hand man and managed the team when we lose 4-0 to millwall= dead man walking.

Parky has fantastic run in League cup at Bradford, and his credit is running over.
    Does not make him immune to the sack but gives you at least 12 months longer than you would get otherwise.

So the moral to this story is= If george had scored that last minute winner against Millwall,
    both he and Bob would of been in credit so much they both could of smoked a cigar during matches and the crowd would still be behind them.(for this season at least)
  • But Bob couldn't pull off the jumper/jacket combo with as much style as Parky..........
  • Holloway just confirmed how clueless he really is
  • edited January 2015
    Weirdly I think Parkinson would have done better as a direct replacement for Curbs. Ww were right to sack him when we did though.
  • Sponsored links:

• His jumpers are rather dapper
  • Sounds like holloway's getting his excuses in early
  • Agree with CafcNick. Parky did a decent job...but I don't need Holloway to remind me. Twat.
  • I wouldn't say that he did a good job with us but he certainly didn't have the resources given to him that CP did. It was right to fire him because of the poisonous atmosphere around the club at the time. Every time we went behind there would have been booing and "Parky out" shouts.
  • Parky was manager of the month and we were in the play offs when he was sacked.
    I was never totally convinced Chris Powell was a better manager
  • Parky was manager of the month and we were in the play offs when he was sacked.

True but we were on a bad run of form, something like no wins in a month?? He may have got us out of that rut but we'll never know. The atmosphere at the valley was horrible though.

• edited January 2015
    He undeniably was 'formally in charge' at Charlton News Shopper, but I'm guessing you mean 'formerly in charge'!

I always liked Parky.

True but we were on a bad run of form, something like no wins in a month?? He may have got us out of that rut but we'll never know. The atmosphere at the valley was horrible though.

No wins in a month eh :-)
    The atmosphere was terrible because the club was broke and having to sign rubbish players. If in our first season in L1 we had been able to sign someone of the calibre of BWP we would have probably bounced straight back. Imagine Deon Burton and BWP together

No wins in a month eh :-)
    The atmosphere was terrible because the club was broke and having to sign rubbish players. If in our first season in L1 we had been able to sign someone of the calibre of BWP we would have probably bounced straight back. Imagine Deon Burton and BWP together
    Don't forget Docherty
  • Sponsored links:

• Parky did well considering the number of loan players and bargain buys/free transfers. Ok the football wasn't the best but the results were good.

At the moment the football and the results aren't good.
  • Everyone Managers and Players all have their ceiling level where they eventually cant go any higher... for me Parky is a great Manager but reckon his highest level is League One
  • TBF, Parky has sone a great job at Bradford and shown what a good manager he is. For us he was the right manager at the wrong time. I was one of thse fans that liked him and he did ok considering he had his hands tied. I was disappointed when he left but what a man that replaced him though. But I think some fans were too quick to judge Parky when he took over just because he was Pardew's right hand man. I still have a lot of respect for Parky as he tried so hard but fell short in the end.

Hands tyed? He had them in his pockets most of the time!

can't remember exactly the run but it was something like played five won 1 lost 2 drawn 3. I think crookster has it right, the atmosphere around Parkie was poisonous and (I'm adding this bit) for the new regime it was an easy win to show the fans that they were on their side. They then were lucky that Howe turned them down and they could bring in a legend.
  • Kap10 said:

Parky was manager of the month and we were in the play offs when he was sacked.

They then were lucky that Howe turned them down
    You call that Lucky???