Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Former player whose career was ended by training ground tackle?

Did a former Addick have his career ended by his own teammate? There was a question about training ground injuries on Reddit and it reminded me of something... Have I imagined this? Am I mixing up Matt Homes and Gordon Watson or something?

Comments

• Simon Webster was 'done' by Julian Dicks upon joining West Ham
  • Matty Holmes got done by Muscat at Wolves, while Gordon Watson was fine until he played for Bradford I think?

Don't know of any Charlton player done by a team-mate at Sparrows Lane?
  • Pedro45 said:

Matty Holmes got done by Muscat at Wolves, while Gordon Watson was fine until he played for Bradford I think?

Deano by Todd, ahem.
  • I think Swisdom has nailed it, cheers lads.
  • Swisdom said:

Simon Webster was 'done' by Julian Dicks upon joining West Ham

I was gutted for Webo having got his move to the Hampsters to have his career finished by Dicks. Webo was an uncompromising centre half who gave 100% for the cause every game and had one hell of a shot on him which I can personally vouch for but that is another story. A leader of men by example and ideally suited to wear the armband.

Don't know the facts of the training ground incident in question but I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to Dicks' desire to remain 'The' hard man at his club and show the new incumbent who was boss.
  • edited December 2014
    RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Simon Webster was 'done' by Julian Dicks upon joining West Ham

I was gutted for Webo having got his move to the Hampsters to have his career finished by Dicks. Webo was an uncompromising centre half who gave 100% for the cause every game and had one hell of a shot on him which I can personally vouch for but that is another story. A leader of men by example and ideally suited to wear the armband.

Don't know the facts of the training ground incident in question but I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to Dicks' desire to remain 'The' hard man at his club and show the new incumbent who was boss.
    If I remember correctly , it was to do with the captaincy. Webster was earmarked to take the armband and dicks took exception.
  • Am I right that Webster never even played for West Ham?
    Anyone remember his goal v Bristol City?
  • edited December 2014
    Uboat said:

Am I right that Webster never even played for West Ham?
    Anyone remember his goal v Bristol City?</block

Played a handful of games for them.

• Uboat said:

Am I right that Webster never even played for West Ham?
    Anyone remember his goal v Bristol City?

I remember that while at Upton Park, he had a real bad game, and the crowd started giving him some flack, which didnt go down too well with him so he started screaming and shouting at us.
  • When I was working a few years back Webbo was working as a physio in the gym that was in the building I worked at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw Webbo in the gym, a couple of times. Dicks really did make a mess of his leg.
  • Dicks was a thug.

That Webster last minute winner v Bristol City was one hell of a volley.

• Was at the Bradford match that Kevin Gray did Watson. Turned up late after being refused parking in a Mosque. We missed the tackle, but remember seeing the ambulance wait for about 15 mins whilst they stabilised his leg. Everyone said it was bad. Waddle was superb, whilst a fat fuck berated Simon Francis for being black because he had a suntan.
  • Pedro45 said:

Matty Holmes got done by Muscat at Wolves, while Gordon Watson was fine until he played for Bradford I think?

Deano by Todd, ahem.
    That didn't end Deano's career!
  • Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Deano by Todd, ahem.
    That didn't end Deano's career!
    Nope, but it ended Todd's with us!

Don't think he played another game.