Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arter vs Parker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30590786

An interesting article on the BBC about the connection between these two former Charlton youth players.

It's a shame we let players like Arter go due to the position we were in the Premier League at the time. Seems mad now, he's a great midfielder and the kind of player we are missing IMO.

turns out Arter signed his first pro deal in 2007 and left us in 2009 at age 18/19. Even madder that we let him go in that case.

Comments

• Options
    we were in the championship when we let him go. Deffo let him go too early, was looking forward to a midfield duo of him and josh wright for many years but i guess other factors conspired against that.

• Options
    Was chatting to a Bournemouth fan the other day about Arter and he said they used to play the yellow card lottery when he first joined, i.e. which minute will Arter get booked in. He went on to say what a good Championship player he has become and we agreed that ge probably is the one that got away for Charlton. He'd walk into our team right now.
  • Options

we were in the championship when we let him go. Deffo let him go too early, was looking forward to a midfield duo of him and josh wright for many years but i guess other factors conspired against that.

Josh Wright should have been our Michael Carrick. Wasted career.
  • Options
    Josh Wright's career with us ended when he refused to travel when he was dropped.
  • Options
    I said at the time we were mad to let him go but many on here (had they seen him play?) weren't convinced, especially when he went non-league. Currently people are slagging Pope and KAG. Both will be top players. Although I was also convinced Jamie Martin would be a prolific striker for us and he bombed.
  • Options
    We made the mistake of signing several CMs when we came down from the Prem when we should have given Arter and Wright a chance in the first team. Instead Pardew signed Racon, Semedo, Sinclair etc to go with the the players we already had.
  • Options
    Parkinson spunked his budget hanging onto that lot rather than taking any risks, so Arter and Wright were allowed to go. He was dreadful.
  • Options

I said at the time we were mad to let him go but many on here (had they seen him play?) weren't convinced, especially when he went non-league. Currently people are slagging Pope and KAG. Both will be top players. Although I was also convinced Jamie Martin would be a prolific striker for us and he bombed.

its also why the u21 league was brought in, to stop those that just needed a bit more time from dropping back down the leagues. Imagine a midfield of shelvey, arter and poyet, with cousins on the bench... weep.

• Options
    Parkinson did nothing of the sort. All those midfielders stayed until their excessive contracts run out, and then moved for free.

Josh Wright proved himself to not be the answer at Millwall, was over run at times in a midfeld three: Good enough at League One. Arter I've never really seen but it was probably a blessing for him that he didn't get mentally scarred in the weakest Charlton midfield I've ever seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ColinTat said:

Parkinson did nothing of the sort. All those midfielders stayed until their excessive contracts run out, and then moved for free.

Josh Wright proved himself to not be the answer at Millwall, was over run at times in a midfeld three: Good enough at League One. Arter I've never really seen but it was probably a blessing for him that he didn't get mentally scarred in the weakest Charlton midfield I've ever seen.

I make you right. Parky didn't have a budget to spunk. And Semedo was a decent player for us.

• Options
    Arter scored again today - 4th goal in consecutive games.
  • Options
    Didn't Arter have an injury which set him back a bit though? It's a shame but he had to be let go at the time really.
  • Options
    Plus there was a coming together between Arter and Moutaouakil wasnt there?
  • Options

Plus there was a coming together between Arter and Moutaouakil wasnt there?

Ah yes, forgot about that.
  • Options
    Didn't Moutauoakil 'come together' with someone's mum?