Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One 2 Eleven

Since the Soccer Saturday presents have done their one 2 eleven(any player who has played in the premier league) I wondered who everyone on here would pick for me its:

Peter Schmeichel

Gary Neville
Jamie Carragher
John Terry
Graeme Le Saux

David Beckham
Steven Gerrard
Patrick Vieira
Marc Overmars(Most underrated player in premier league history)

Alan Shearer
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Comments

• and who else?
  • edited December 2014
    I don't know the rules but no Henry????

• and who else?

Did not notice I only had 1 CB
  • No Henry????

Great player just think Shearer and Ruud had slightly more
    same as Zola just missing out
  • Is there a reason you picked Le Saux at left back?

Again people go on about Cole and Evra and also miss Le Saux who i think was a very good left back
  • If you think Van Nistelrooy had more than Henry then I don't wanna play

All about opinions

Again people go on about Cole and Evra and also miss Le Saux who i think was a very good left back
    People go on about Cole because he's was one of the best left backs in the world. I don't even think Le Saux was the best left back in London!!!
  • edited December 2014
    Petr Cech (5 in 10 PL games kept a clean sheet compared to Schmeichel's 4 in 10)

Pablo Zabaleta (G.Nev the best defender in this position but low contribution going forward)
    Tony Adams
    Rio Ferdinand
    Ashley Cole

Patrick Vieira
    Roy Keane

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Dennis Bergkamp
    Thierry Henry

Alan Shearer
  • Sponsored links:

• Le Saux wasn't even the best left back in his own house.
  • No Henry, Bergkamp or Zola and you've got Le Saux. No xmas pud for you tomorrow Paulie ;)
  • Schmeichel
    Irwin, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole
    Keane, Vieira
    Ronaldo, Scholes, Henry
    Shearer.

Was tempted by Drogba and Neville over Shearer and Irwin, but Shearer was virtually unplayable at times in the Blackburn years.
  • edited December 2014
    Schmeichel

G Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Lampard Scholes Giggs

Bergkamp

Henry Shearer

Some of the players that have to be left out is ridiculous!

Cech, Vidic, Kompany, Keane, Vieira, Beckham, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Di Canio, Zola, Van Nistelrooy, Cantona to name but a few. There's more I haven't even though of. Even Andy Cole for his goal scoring record!
  • Graeme Le Saux?? Whatever he paid you to put him in Paulie, it wasn't worth it
  • Schmeichel
    Keane, Vieira
    Ronaldo, Scholes, Henry
    Shearer.

Was tempted by Drogba and Neville over Shearer and Irwin, but Shearer was virtually unplayable at times in the Blackburn years.

Irwin at right back?
  • GRAEME LE SAUX
    Despite spending two spells at Chelsea, it was at Blackburn Rovers where the Jersey-born full-back won his only Premier League title. Well, this was the pre-Roman Abramovich era, after all. Came in for more than his fair share of stick from fans and players (Robbie Fowler springs to mind) for being a bit of an academic, but more than 300 Premier League appearances and 36 England caps proved he was just as canny on the pitch as off it.
    Appearances: 327
    Titles: 1994-95
    PFA Team of the Year: 1994-95, 1997-98
  • Carragher....no
  • Ross said:

Schmeichel

G Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Lampard Scholes Giggs

Bergkamp

Henry Shearer

Some of the players that have to be left out is ridiculous!

Cech, Vidic, Kompany, Keane, Vieira, Beckham, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Di Canio, Zola, Van Nistelrooy, Cantona to name but a few. There's more I haven't even though of. Even Andy Cole for his goal scoring record!

I would have your team but put in Viera for bergkamp - I need a bit of grit in midfield.
  • If you think Van Nistelrooy had more than Henry then I don't wanna play

Quality. Another post that I want to both like and lol.

As for the discussions on Graeme Le Saux, I saw somewhere the other day that he holds the record for most assists in the Prem League for a defender - just saying, not that I think he is the best left-back and I can hardly remember watching him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Schmeichel
    Zabaleta Kompany Stam Powell
    Viera Scholes Keane
    Ronaldo Shearer Henry
  • Stam is a very good pick, would probably sub him into my team for Rio Ferdinand. Also probably Scholes would be better than Keane but that's a close one.
  • Schmeichel

Irwin Adams Ferdinand Cole

Vieira Gerard

Ronaldo Bergkamp Henry

Shearer
  • MrOneLung said:

Schmeichel
    Keane, Vieira
    Ronaldo, Scholes, Henry
    Shearer.

Irwin at right back?
    Yeah, he played there too, and was right footed but was so good he played left back for years for one of the best teams in Europe.
  • GRAEME LE SAUX
    Despite spending two spells at Chelsea, it was at Blackburn Rovers where the Jersey-born full-back won his only Premier League title. Well, this was the pre-Roman Abramovich era, after all. Came in for more than his fair share of stick from fans and players (Robbie Fowler springs to mind) for being a bit of an academic, but more than 300 Premier League appearances and 36 England caps proved he was just as canny on the pitch as off it.

Yeah, but 100 caps prove Ashley Cole was a lot better, for one?
  • So many factors of to consider whilst choosing this that it becomes impossible, take Ronaldo, the Ronaldo of the last 3-4 years for me is the greatest player ever, but the Ronaldo of the United era would get in my team but by no way would be a gaurantee. So I'm picking my team on there performances in the premiership whilst factoring in what they achieved (individually and as players in teams) and over a decent period of time, I'm also not going to cheat like some and play players in different positions to where they played.

Schmichel
    Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole
    Ronaldo Keane Viera Giggs
    Bergkamp
    Henry

PS Still impossible

there's just another possible team and still some many players in with a shout left out.

Given
    Finnan Adams Stam Irwin
    Beckham Gerrard Fabregas Pires
    Saurez
    Shearer

• GRAEME LE SAUX

Yeah, but 100 caps prove Ashley Cole was a lot better, for one?
    There's actually no competition and the inclusion of Carragher for me makes me think he's gone for the controversial effect and got it, if he remembers Le Saux then he must remember players like Adams, Bruce, Bould, Stam, Campbell who were all better centre backs.
  • Ferdinand not the sharpest tool in the shed. Emit him I'd say.
  • Van Der Sar
    Ivanovic Adams Terry Cole
    Ronaldo Makelele Toure Bale
    Cantona Aguero
  • Rio and Sol were the best defensive partnership I've seen for England, which would be enough for me to justifiably not pick that **** Terry. Hell I even drop him from football video games.

Also, I don't think Le Saux is that bad a shout, albeit tainted by the following claim that RvN was better than Henry.