Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coleman balls and football comments 2014.

These are my favourites.

"Many of the Iranian players have their christian names on their shirts" Clive Tyldesley ITV

"Not many players get three cracks of the cherry" Adrian Childs ITV

"Wenger and Mourinho were acting like a couple of teenage 12 year olds." John Hartson BBC

"Legia Warsaw fielded an illegitimate player". Mick Quinn TALKSPORT

"Ozil did everything right. He just missed the ball. Michael Owen BT

"Sometimes you need the cherry on the cake to unlock the door" Phil Neville BBC.

"I swear all the time. I played non-league with dockers, whose every other word was a swear word.
they didn't even know they were doing it because they didn't know any other words." Roy Hodgson (That Millwall fans for you )

"Phil Neville could make Zip-a-dee-doo-dah sound like a cancer diagnosis. Frankie Boyle (harsh, he's improving)

And there's More......

Comments

• "He dribbled through the defence like Ricky Villa, but his finish was more like Ricky Gervais.
    Brendon Rodgers on Sterling's miss against Spurs

"I didn't understand what the gaffer meant, then i typed both names into google, so now i know."
    Raheem Sterling

Our football stars are getting younger.
  • @soapboxsam‌ It's telling when footballers' accidental comedy is better than your jokes.

:wink:
  • "He dribbled through the defence like Ricky Villa, but his finish was more like Ricky Gervais.
    Brendon Rodgers on Sterling's miss against Spurs

"I didn't understand what the gaffer meant, then i typed both names into google, so now i know."
    Raheem Sterling

Our football stars are getting thicker.

Fixed that for you Sam.

Okay Villa might be acceptable, but he doesn't know who Gervais is???

On a similar note to the topic, when browsing through Waterstones the other day I saw a book on sledging in cricket, a couple of classics went something like this:

Rod Marsh: "So Beefy, how's your wife and my kids"

Ian Botham: "The wife's okay, but the kids are retarded".

And

Shane Warne: "I've been waiting two years for the chance to humiliate you again"

Daryll Cullinan: "Looks like you have spent all of it eating...".
  • I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way... Ron Atkinson

It was like living in a different Country - Ian Rush on his move to Italy
  • My favourite sledge was this one.

McGrath: “Why are you so fat?”

Brandes “Because every time I fuck your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”
  • dickplumb said:

My favourite sledge was this one.

McGrath: “Why are you so fat?”

Brandes “Because every time I fuck your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

Mcgrath was seriously pissed off with that comment.
  • Not this year I no but you can never beat this one.

I think it was Glenn Hoddle on ITV a few years ago but I might be wrong, anyway the score was 0-0 with about 20 minutes to go.

"If neither team score here I can see this match ending in a draw"
  • 'for those of you watching in black and white .. the brown is just below the yellow' .. another old one
  • Glenn Hoddle- "Everyone has played for England"

We wish. Why does Glenn Hoddle feature in so many of these!?!?!?!?
  • For those of you watching in black and white....its just as boring in colour.

• Sponsored links:

• "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that" - Kevin Keegan about Argentina
  • @soapboxsam‌ It's telling when footballers' accidental comedy is better than your jokes.

:wink:

Most of my jokes are crackers,
    well they end up in a cracker.

• Interviewer: Gordon can I have a quick word?
    Gordon Strachan: Velocity
  • Still think Brian Johnston's commentary classic of "The bowler's Holding; the batsman's Willey" takes a lot of beating.
  • My willy takes a lot of beating but I get there in the end!!!!
  • One of Frank Stapleton's finest...." He took a very nasty whack on the shin there.............just above the knee"