Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boys first game

More excited about Boxing Day than Christmas Day as taking my five year old to his first Charlton match. The fourth of six to become a Fourth generation supporter.

Comments

• you are a bad, bad Dad. subjecting another to a lifetime of misery. have you not learned from the first three yet?

Two more to go. Glutton for handing out punishment. Who needs Target 40,000 with me around?

• Hope he starts off his addicktion with a win
  • "Treat them to something from the club shop" used to be standard advice for a kid's first game. I'd now amend that to "treat them to something from the street vendors". Better value and probably better quality, and they seem to sell more bespoke Charlton tat, rather than something made by Nike with a Charlton badge stuck on.
  • excellent, hope he enjoys.
  • Nice one mate , enjoy !
  • Poor lad, I hope you got him some nice presents to make up for it!!
  • Good luck, hopefully he will see us get 3 points....buy a programme and keep it as a momento (or at least keep the ticket stub), I was only 4 or 5 when I went to my first game (around 69-70), my dad kept no record of the game and I can't recall him telling me when I was older when or who we played....a real shame as I will never be able to answer that question....when was your first Charlton game ?
  • Brunello said:

More excited about Boxing Day than Christmas Day as taking my five year old to his first Charlton match. The fourth of six to become a Fourth generation supporter.

Cane he play in goal? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

"Treat them to something from the club shop" used to be standard advice for a kid's first game. I'd now amend that to "treat them to something from the street vendors". Better value and probably better quality, and they seem to sell more bespoke Charlton tat, rather than something made by Nike with a Charlton badge stuck on.

I remember to this day my Dad hiding something up his big sheepskin coat c1975 - turned out to be a Charlton kit bag - loved that thing.
  • I got a Charlton duffle bag in about 1968/9 and it was a prized possession can still remember the plastic smell of it. Great memories.
  • Well you can,t be happy all your life. However, unlike a wife, there is no divorce ! It is forever .
  • I took a load of photographs of my youngest son's first match. I sent the photos away to jessops and got a hard back book made.
    Pity we lost that day though
  • reporting you for child abuse
  • Brunello said:

Six children eh, reckon your nickname is smiler!