Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas traditions

2»

Comments

• Options
    We always open our presents on Christmas Day
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Always go to the local pub on Christmas day, this used to be the Holly Tree (Lewisham) which is a 5 minute walk from my mother-in-laws (where we spent many a Christmas) then our local down here for the last couple of years. This year will be different as we are going to my sister-in-laws for Christmas, but no doubt we will be going to a pub near her house (South Woodford).
  • Options
    Bit of an anal on Boxing Day morning if she's lucky.
  • Options
    My favourite Christmas day tradition was getting a present after dinner as "santa had dropped these ones in the garden" truth was that my parents had completely forgotten about some presents so made that up and carried it on for years
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Shouldn't it be fisting on Boxing Day?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Dec 1st get Xmas tree,

5am Xmas eve for Xmas meat from local butcher, 630 am q for Xmas desserts from Marks and sparks

Once family arrive on Xmas eve close the door and start boozing and gorging
  • Options
    dont you go hungry on Christmas Day then nla?
  • Options

5am boxing day q for Xmas meat from local butcher, 630 am q for Xmas desserts from Marks and sparks

Won't 5am on Boxing Day be a bit late to buy your turkey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

5am boxing day q for Xmas meat from local butcher, 630 am q for Xmas desserts from Marks and sparks

Won't 5am on Boxing Day be a bit late to buy your turkey?
    Post xmas discount? NLA is a wise old bird.
  • Options
    Doh what a stupid divvy
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Asked my son a few weeks ago what he wanted for Christmas, he's reply, I've told god so you will have to ask him!!!

Thanks son that helps immensely, my daughter manged to get it out of him for me luckily enough.

I know what I would have got if I'd told my Dad that...

Bit slow there though Smiffy, Santa brings presents, not god. :-)
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Finally bought her that strap on eh?
  • Options

Never start a tradition, eventually it always makes for future problems. Go with the flow.

We traditionally go with the flow.
    Now I am confused.
  • Options
    I don't need to do anything on Christmas Day, as the Me'm Sahib has everything in hand. In the forenoone, if I try to interfere I just get shoo'd out of the kitchen and told to give the house one last vacuum before the family arrives.

Daughters arrive, bringing grandchildren, and my age / maturity level can decline to infant school level. Splendid. My grandchildren are wonderful, I wish I'd had them first.

Big dinner with everybody squeezed round our largest (but still not quite big enough) table. Prezzies after the Queen's Speech.

Wishing you all a marvellous Christmas. To Iainambler above, I hope yours is appropriately meaningful for you. I'm not a man of faith myself, but I respect every man's right to follow the God of his choice.

Merry Christmas one and all.
  • Options
    Missus does xmas eve present, 1 each, always new Pyjamas (although I hate Pyjamas), kids, hot chocolate (or a beer of your choice), film, wrap the last presents, put the Little fellas main presents together, always a wooden present for him from Santa .
  • Options
    Our tradition is to buy far too large a turkey to feed our family of four. We normally get one that will serve 10-12 so ;plenty of leftovers! This year we have broken that tradition somewhat. My younger son is away at Uni in The States and therefore won't be with us and there will only nbe three of us around the table. With that in mind we have purchased a turkey that serves 19-22!!!
  • Options
    My tradition is to enjoy every moment of it. Have always loved everything about Christmas and now have a child to share my enthusiasm. Taking her to work with me tomorrow morning then off to see the snowman at the peacock at lunchtime. Family round for a day of drinking, eating and fun on Christmas day, you can't beat it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half day at work, straight to the pub from 1, stumble home at 11 and wake up fresh on xmas morning!
  • Options
    First Xmas back in the UK for 7yrs, looking forward more to Boxing Day when my brothers kids come round. Wanted to take my boy to the game but my life would be over if I did.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

PL54 said:

Finally bought her that strap on eh?
    Only a tiddler
  • Options

Always go to the local pub on Christmas day, this used to be the Holly Tree (Lewisham) which is a 5 minute walk from my mother-in-laws (where we spent many a Christmas) then our local down here for the last couple of years. This year will be different as we are going to my sister-in-laws for Christmas, but no doubt we will be going to a pub near her house (South Woodford).

How old are you Hastings? Might know you or your in-laws if you were an Xmas Holly Tree drinker but I'm afraid I date back to the 70s there when Mick was the landlord.

I must say I used to enjoy the traition of a Christmas lunchtime pint or two before sitting down to my mum's Christmas dinnerand it has tempted me to try it one more time, though mum is long gone I think the lovely missus may be persuaded. We'll see....