Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 7 v Huddersfield 6 - 21st December 1957 - Post Match Views

What a come back and what a finish with 10 men. Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    I was born but unfortunately was not there
  • Options
    I wasn't born but was there.
  • Options
    My father (RIP) was at that one.
  • Options
    Loved it. Just got back, what a journey, bloody British Rail!!!!
  • Options
    Typical charlton and their negatives tactics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know how often Ufton can play with that shoulder.

Defence was a disgrace. Come on Trotter pull your finger out.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thought the catering was virtually non existent. Nobody seemed to know what a steak slice was. And my peanuts were cold.
    Also heard someone say "Bloody blimey!" at the end. I expect to hear that sort of language from the riff raff up the road not at The Valley.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

First game I ever went to, 9 years old, hooked for life.

But, everything's been an anticlimax since then ;-)
  • Options
    I miss the boring 1-0 games

13 goals in a game is to much like a computer game
  • Options
    Honest! I was there with my father, we went to all home games and stood at the open end
  • Options
    Posting without reading....
  • Options

I miss the boring 1-0 games

13 goals in a game is to much like a computer game

Definitely a bug. Sort it out, Sports Interactive.
  • Options
    One of my old footie coaches gave me his perspective on this match. He was one Derek Ufton. When I was 10 I was at school with his sons, which is why I had the privilege of his expert tuition.
    The time he told me about it I really thought he was making it up. I believe I took the piss out of his son Tim that his dad was some sort of fantasist. I knew his dad had played for the team I supported which I thought was pretty cool. It wasn't before I was shown some commemorative report before I believed it. That was when I learned about the fact that he only played a small part in the match with him hurting his shoulder and there being no substitutions. Derek hadn't mentioned it. You couldn't make it up that match. I'd have loved to have witnessed it.
  • Options
    Not only did I have to pay a shilling for my pint, but the bloody steward confiscated my fountain pens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Dennis Law play?
  • Options
    Sorry I was having a quick fag in the toilets. We lost right?
  • Options

Hope someone keeps the ball so it can go in the club museum one day.

That Hudds boss Shankly was moaning again. Loud mouth Jock knows nothing about management.

Mr Shankly had that youngster Denis Law available and didn't pick him. Rookie error.

Summers didn't look too chipper to me at the end of the game. I hope he's not unwell. I'd see a doctor if I was him. Nip it in the bud.
  • Options
    LoonyBin said:

Hope someone keeps the ball so it can go in the club museum one day.

That Hudds boss Shankly was moaning again. Loud mouth Jock knows nothing about management.

Mr Shankly had that youngster Denis Law available and didn't pick him. Rookie error.

Summers didn't look too chipper to me at the end of the game. I hope he's not unwell. I'd see a doctor if I was him. Nip it in the bud.
    Sorry, I do not understand this comment, unless you are referring to the serious illness he died of later, if so, seems a strange way to comment on it
  • Options
    All that wrist slitting on the match thread when we were 5-1 down. Bunch of drama queens. I was embarrassed.
  • Options
    Playing Solly in midfield until we were 5-1 down was a mistake.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Glikstens wife was in the stand. Wood ya?
  • Options
    I remember being on Charlton station after Leeds had stuck six past us when a bloke who was probably in his mid forties started telling everyone that he had been at the Valley when we had beaten Huddersfield 7-6. When I asked what year that had happened in he replied "1976". Bell-end
  • Options
    Missed the game due to non-birth at the time, but my Dad said it was typical Charlton. Clawed our way back into the game and tried to sit on a 6-5 lead. Most of Summers goals sound like tap-ins. Bet he never scores 5 again