Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014

Anglo - Nigerian shot-stopper Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu has ended speculation about his future by penning a two-and-a-half-year contract with English Championship outfit Charlton Athletic.

After being linked with a plethora of teams in the EPL including Manchester United, Liverpool and Newcastle United, the deal that will see him remain at The Valley until the summer of 2017 went through on Tuesday.

In his first words after completing the transfer, Ogbebor-Onaiwu told SL10.ng :''I have signed a two-and-a-half year deal, and there is a possibility I will stay longer if I perform up to standards.

''I picked Charlton Athletic Football Club because it's a great club to be at where they look after you, it's like my family somewhere.

''I have settled in quickly. The best thing about the club is giving the young players a chance in the first team.''

The Charlton Athletic youth - team coaches had watched the Nigeria Under 17 national team invitee at close quarters for few weeks before reaching a decision on whether to offer him a contract.

And the 14-year-old goalkeeper has admitted that he was well taken care of during his probationary period.

''They were very nice, I couldn't have asked for any better love. The staff and the players around always wanted to get the best out of me.

''I give all thanks to God for His work, with God all things are possible, and thanks to my parents too,''

The ex Crystal Palace goalie would have been in Nigeria now undergoing another round of trials with the country's Under 17 team if not for an expired travel document.

Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu has cited Manuel Neuer and Thibaut Courtois as his role models.

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-players-abroad/charlton-athletic-complete-signing-of-manchester-united-target-edward-ogbebor-onaiwu/195907
  • Options
    He's 14.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Looks about 13.

You're way off
  • Options
    I clearly didn't pay much attention to the article.
  • Options

Sorry, just too old.

We need be signing young talented (Belgian) prospects not these tired cynical journeymen washed up on a diet of gambling, cocaine and liquorice allsorts.

How tall is he?
  • Options

cafctom said:

Looks about 13.

Bet hes in the U7s set up then

Charlton sign Nigerian youth prospect that looks younger than he actually is shocker.

See, goes to prove it's just a stereotype ;) good luck and welcome Edward
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But 14 year olds can't sign contracts?
  • Options
    Is it just me or does look like the case where a club signed a player who turned out not to be what they thought they were. Was it George Weah or someone like that? He doesn't look like a sportsman to me. Hope he turns out to be a superstar though.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Looks about 13.

Bet hes in the U7s set up then

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Is it just me or does look like the case where a club signed a player who turned out not to be what they thought they were. Was it George Weah or someone like that? He doesn't look like a sportsman to me. Hope he turns out to be a superstar though.

Who looks like a sportsman at 14?!
  • Options
    I notice that a 2 and a half year contract will take him to just before he's 17...........when he will then sign for one of the premier league big boys
  • Options
    POPE OUT!!!!
  • Options

I notice that a 2 and a half year contract will take him to just before he's 17...........when he will then sign for one of the premier league big boys

........ for £200,000 and then disappear from the game.

• Options

This.
  • Options
    When it is on the OS Twitter feed.

I guess he's signed schoolboy or academy forms rather than a contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham will offer his family a mansion and a fleet of sports cars, then he will sign for them and they will claim he is another product of their magnificent youth academy.......
  • Options
    Already been at Palace wanted by Man Utd??

And he is fourteen?......all sounds a bit dubious to me.
  • Options

Like Jermaine Defoe?
  • Options

Looks as if Bob Bolder been on the sun beds.
  • Options

This.
    Pre contracts they can but they don't mean anything ?
  • Options
    Still think this is a kids media studies course work
  • Options
    Who remembers that other Nigerian u'21 fella that looked about 35 who was all over twitter saying that he had signed a deal? Was about two years ago
  • Options
    In this fast moving world we now compete in this great club must be alert to pounce on top International talent.

So buy him an extra large pack of pampers, kit him out and I'm sure he will be ready for the first team - soon. ( Ahum )
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Who remembers that other Nigerian u'21 fella that looked about 35 who was all over twitter saying that he had signed a deal? Was about two years ago

Olarenwaju Kayode ? He's now Rumoured to be being chased by Celtic and our friends Standard Liege... Funnily enough he's agent is a Mr Dudu Dahan!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    How tall is he?
    Looks like the bloke out of different strokes.