Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich apparently interested in signing Morgan Fox

Discuss. Rumoured to be keen to sign him in April

Personally I'm not perturbed as I think Tareiq Holmes-Dennis could be a better player by all accounts.

Can't find a source but read it elsewhere

Comments

• Options
    I think that he will be used as a centre back in the future wherever he ends up. He is currently defensively solid but a bit slow going forward.

I think he is a good player when deployed as a left back but once you start asking him to get forward, he seems a bit lost.

Still only young though.
  • Options
    Sell the boy and we've lost our back up.

I don't rate him really but he does show promise at times.
  • Options
    Not a good plan. Holmes-Dennis might turn out to be a better player but right now Fox is our first choice left back, and generally our second choice who is there for when Wiggins inevitably gets injured again. If we sold Fox in January then who would we get in? A loan? A better player for less money? Neither of those are particularly likely to materialise I feel
  • Options
    All depends on what sort of offer we get and how soon the club feel Holmes-Dennis would be 1st team ready.
  • Options
    'a substantial offer when the transfer window opens' .. take it before McCarthy realises that he's chasing the wrong Fox
  • Options
    i dont think hes all that.compared to some of the other youth players weve seen come through.Id take a chance on Holmes-dennis over him.
  • Options
    Totally under-whelmed by Ming's performance at the Valley. Would be typical of Arsenal to buy another shaky defender and immediately have him face class wide-men.
  • Options
    Fox was released by Ipswich as a kid. I thought that was what charlton did. Release and re sign !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems unlikely if you ask me.
  • Options
    "though Fox is also attracting interest from a host of Premier League and Championship clubs."

Like who?
  • Options
    Strange rumour! Think this might be his agent sniffing around for a pay rise!
  • Options
    He's 21. Sure he's not the most incredible player at the moment and has some mistakes in his game but a few years of actual first team experience can do wonders.

I'd certainly feel disappointed if he left for a small amount of money. If they want him let them pay for his potential.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Discuss. Rumoured to be keen to sign him in April

Why would they sign him in April?
  • Options
    We'll do a swap for Mings ;-)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

It all smacks of mistaken identity. I can't believe that any top half Championship side would be interested in Morgan Fox. No offence to Morgan, as I have watched him for the last four years. But I always thought he would end up playing at Div 1 or Div 2 level. He is not good enough at left back as you need a bit of pace, in defence and going forward. He has no dribbling ability, but is quite decent in the air. Holmes -Dennis is a different kettle of fish. He is quick has got good technical ability and can beat a man. He was converted from a midfielder and can still play in that position.
    I would like to see Tarieq come back from his loan spell and challenge Wiggins for a first team spot.

Yeah, what do Ipswich know about young players.
  • Options
    Are in the transfer silly season already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

It all smacks of mistaken identity. I can't believe that any top half Championship side would be interested in Morgan Fox. No offence to Morgan, as I have watched him for the last four years. But I always thought he would end up playing at Div 1 or Div 2 level. He is not good enough at left back as you need a bit of pace, in defence and going forward. He has no dribbling ability, but is quite decent in the air. Holmes -Dennis is a different kettle of fish. He is quick has got good technical ability and can beat a man. He was converted from a midfielder and can still play in that position.
    I would like to see Tarieq come back from his loan spell and challenge Wiggins for a first team spot.

Yeah, what do Ipswich know about young players.
    I am just giving you my honest opinion on watching Morgan over a number of years for the U18s U21s and the first team. I just think he is not good enough for Championship football.

• Options
    Sell.
  • Options
    Selling to Ipswich would be silly.
    Granted, they are flying at the moment, but should we be selling our 'young guns' to a club like that?
    I think not.
  • Options
    I think that story is a load of nonsense.
  • Options
    It won't be very loyal of him if he buggers off already when we have made him the player he is. Boooooo. Judus.

Actually, i guess that only counts if they go to a prem club :D
  • Options
    Depends on what is on offer but if it's decent money then sell him
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Welcome to him, not his greatest fan

Fox reminds me of a competition winner that gets to play with his heroes

Sounds a bit harsh.................

Although totally "agree" "understand" to be honest I just don't know!
    Mind you, what do I know, when Chris Solly first come on the scene I said to my boys "I think he will be our only weakness" "He looks to small" "and a bit lightweight!!"
    BOY I could NOT have got my first impressions more wrong!!!!!......................................Funny old game!
  • Options
    If any money barring a ridiculously low one is made then I'm sure he will be sold. He's not either pacy enough or technically good enough to be a first choice championship player. Duchatelet will take the money and play a quality "young gun" and we have one of those in Holmes-Dennis.

Personally I think the story is a load of old bollix.
  • Options
    Alot on here thought solly wasnt good enough!
  • Options
    I'd swap him for a tractor.