Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Charlton Athletic 6 v 1 Silvertown Wesley 16th December 1905

edited December 2014 in General Charlton
https://twitter.com/CHATHMuseum

Only a friendly but still a good result for their first ever game.

I think this current team could go far. Woolwich League Division One at least.

Comments

• Options
    Sounded like a proper east end derby.
  • Options
    Posting without reading....................
  • Options
    Wonder if any lifers were there?

Probably the same people that were at the 7-6 Huddersfield game..... ;o)
  • Options
    Mills isn't good enough or tall enough
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Bloody Defence was shocking that day... the Left-Back old Matthew Fox couldnt trap a single flying wing-back whilst the Goalkeeper Nathaniel Pope, how he failed to keep that clean sheet I dont know!!

Plus how do we stand a chance of winning the Woolwich League Division One with just the single Striker, times aint changed one bit in the 109 years am telling ya
  • Options
    All well and good in a Saturday friendly but can they do it on a cold wet february night against Pepys United
  • Options
    I was down at the manor ground watching the Arsenal draw 2-2 with Middlesbrough. #localyouthteamweirdos
  • Options

Bloody Defence was shocking that day... the Left-Back old Matthew Fox couldnt trap a single flying wing-back whilst the Goalkeeper Nathaniel Pope, how he failed to keep that clean sheet I dont know!!

Plus how do we stand a chance of winning the Woolwich League Division One with just the single Striker, times aint changed one bit in the 109 years am telling ya

Not to mention that 1 on 1 that Paul Tucudean missed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

God did you have to mention that... Ive only just got over the trauma of it, should see my counselling bill after all them years
  • Options
    Imagine if we hadn't sold Yann, would have been 10-1.
  • Options

Bring back from Spongefoot from the future I say.
  • Options
    Silvertown Wesley have sacked their manager....
  • Options
    There was some ruffian drinking ale in the stands.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

There was some ruffian drinking ale in the stands.

And another cheeky chap smoking in the latrine
  • Options
    Great result I was sure it was going to be a comfortable 4-0 home win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arthur Bryan hasn't got a clue.

It's all very well wandering round with an 'addick on a stick but the queues in the shop were a disgrace!
  • Options
    Didn't like the collars on the shirts.
  • Options
    Anyone got the tram times for next week's away game?
  • Options
    Only 6-1? POWELL OUT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sounded very quiet on the crystal set.....the Siemens Meadow Gold lot got most of the tickets and didn't sing once. To add insult to injury I had a comp from Wally, I set off, but got stuck in the Blackwall Tunnel when a Horse and Cart broke down and had to turn back. Then I found out it was a home game.....
  • Options

Only 6-1? POWELL OUT!!!

Move on.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Love the fact that you've changed George and not Tucudean to make it sound more Britain in 1905.
    could not exact;y change Tucudean could I, he is the player, if I said George Smith no-one would no who I was talking about
    I know who you are talking about, that goal machine Tuxie Dean

(nb Tuxie scored 2 in that game despite being -2 years old)
  • Options
    I missed it was there a stream
  • Options
    Bumpy ride