Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Putting things into perspective!?

To be honest I wasn't particularly surprised at the final score yesterday. Ok when we went 2-1 up, then with a few minutes to go I let myself think YES 3 points, a win, great, and then the equalizer was like a kick in the knadgers!
BUT after thinking and trying to make sense of a lot of comments made after the game I suppose we should be " thankful"? where we are at the moment, yes we have had a better start than many people had thought we would, and yes our football in general has definitely improved but we still have a very lightweight and inexperienced squad. Yes our manager is going to make mistakes along with our players but I really think we need to have a reality check, we are no more than an average team (at best) all the talk about play off's etc is a bit far fetched in my opinion. I think a solid season in the Championship will do everyone the world of good, from our young academy players right up to our manager. Yes its very frustrating not winning and sometimes watching a load of rubbish (nothing has changed in the 40 odd years of me supporting the mighty reds) but to think we could be in division 1 maybe having lost more players I "think" I am quite happy? with the way things are going. We seem to be signing our best "young guns" up, which has got to be a good thing and the academy boys that have come through have in general done us proud.
Hopefully Roland will get his wallet out in January, to keep our season on a positive upward and improving curve.
If we had been given this position this time last year I am sure everyone would have jumped at it. So, if we can get a few more wins, hopefully give someone a good "tonking" (Millwall would be nice) I am sure this season will be ok.
Sorry to waffle on a bit but I think we should all keep behind the team (and manager), the stories of people booing players etc yesterday are pretty pathetic really, yes it is frustrating but booing our own players is definitely not going to help the situation.

Keep the faith lads and lasses

COYR......................

Comments

• Options
    As long as Katrien keeps wearing those trousers i'll be there.
  • Options
    Excellent post Charliewright which echo my thoughts exactly..... However then I saw the post from Stevereeve and all of a sudden I am thinking "solid season"? this is Charlton, and I fear things may not be a s straightforward as we think!! Lets hope that we pick up a few more wins and end up a mid table team this year. That will do for me!
  • Options

As long as Katrien keeps wearing those trousers i'll be there.

Those trousers deserve their own thread. Her ass looked amazing from the East stand
  • Options
    I understand these negative comments but I really don't think we will "struggle" to stay in the championship. No we are not going to win it or probably get near the playoffs but remember the doom and gloom this time last year. Once we have our "first teamers" back and maybe add one or two in January I can only see things improving. We have got to face facts and realize we will never have a massive budget under our current owner (I'm not that bothered about that tbh) we are and will continue to bring our "young guns" through which I think is great. This is Charlton don't forget and unless some cash strapped arab or other decides otherwise this is how things are going to be imo.
    One thing I will certainly be pleased about is the return of Henderson in goal, he was not only performing but I think his "form" was having a big effect on the rest of the team especially our back four.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    We'll be alright, not going to do anything spectacular this season but I think it will show RD what could be achieved with a fee million more.

Football background or not, Katrien, and certainly Bob, know what the team is lacking and they have his ear. Unfortunately it's just not as simple as buying players - ask Brighton.

In light of some of the comments and threads on here in the last 24 hours, people just need to chill out - it's a game of football, a day out with friends / family and (as far as I understand from the peculiar lack of RIP threads) nobody died.
  • Options
    You could do your crossword off those trousers.
  • Options
    Good post CW

I personally think we are 2/3 players short of becoming a very good side, who may just have a very good second half of the season if we can get them.

Dear Santa RD all I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well said, lot of reactive rubbish has been wrote since yesterday.
  • Options
    Reactive

Reactionary means ultra-conservative.

Sorry to be pedantic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fully agree with Charlie wright 1. We can guarantee staying in the Championship this season which should be our realistic aim if we sign NOT one but two strikers in the January window. One is not enough bearing in mind possible injuries yellow/red cards.