Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LA Galaxy Striker Jack McBean

13»

Comments

• Have we deffo signed Mr Mcbean?

Nah we haven't. Might only be here to train and keep fit. Might be a trial.
  • edited December 2014

MLS Reserve League STRIKER.. and 5 goals in 28 appearances this season jesus wept. 31 in 36 in the MLS for BWP and he's of League One standard/lower Championship (really really pushing it). Going to need to shoot a bit higher than that Roland and scouting co..

have we signed him? thought not, we are looking at him. If we sign him then have a moan then but in the meantime what is the point?

Bit of insight to the lad, I'm all for scouting young talent but we have a pretty bleedingly obvious need for a striker who can provide the goods at Championship level.. One injury to Igor (even without that) and we're looking like the least likely team to score in the league.

As fans we're concerned for the current season and results, that's natural, more so than anything else.
  • Rolands shopping on the 99p menu
  • He's not for the 1st team right now though, is he?

The club doesn't exactly hide the fact that development of young players is an important part of present policy - so they bring in a 19 year old on trial to take a look at what he can do.

That won't stop the search for a decent Champs standard striker for the 1st team.

• Do we really need another promising striker who has not even done the business in an inferior league? That's all very well if we can afford to have him on our books and show patience, but what we're in dire need of is a striker with a proven track record at a decent level who is ready to slot straight into the team...........

Absolutely spot on tango.

Have said it all along about football in general with both managers and players.

It has to be a distinct advantage to have like minded experience.

Mourinho and Messi, and I'm being serious here, could be playing for us and I am not so sure on what kind of impact they would have.

Tango man you talk sense.
  • Do we really need another promising striker who has not even done the business in an inferior league? That's all very well if we can afford to have him on our books and show patience, but what we're in dire need of is a striker with a proven track record at a decent level who is ready to slot straight into the team...........

Have said it all along about football in general with both managers and players.

Mourinho and Messi, and I'm being serious here, could be playing for us and I am not so sure on what kind of impact they would have.

Agree about Mourinho.
  • Talal said:

Do we really need another promising striker who has not even done the business in an inferior league? That's all very well if we can afford to have him on our books and show patience, but what we're in dire need of is a striker with a proven track record at a decent level who is ready to slot straight into the team...........

Agree about Mourinho.
    Allan Simonsen did not change things for us did he.
  • Talal said:

Do we really need another promising striker who has not even done the business in an inferior league? That's all very well if we can afford to have him on our books and show patience, but what we're in dire need of is a striker with a proven track record at a decent level who is ready to slot straight into the team...........

Agree about Mourinho.
    Mourinho as a player is what I meant, never mind.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Agree about Mourinho.
    Mourinho as a player is what I meant, never mind.
    I worded it wrong, I should have referred to Mourinho as in being our manager, hahahahahahahahaha
  • edited December 2014

Talal said:

Agree about Mourinho.
    Er, yes he did against Chelsea, 5-2 if I remember correctly. Beat them on his own and it could have been double figures if the rest of the team had been on the same wave length as him. He only played 14 games for us, what might have been :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• When will we be retiring Churchy's shirt?
  • Underwhelmed fella looks pants, let's not get desperate and want anyone he has to be an enhancement
  • I didn't think it was possible but his YouTube is worse than Polish Petes
  • RedChaser said:

Talal said:

Agree about Mourinho.
    Er, yes he did against Chelsea, 5-2 if I remember correctly. Beat them on his own and it could have been double figures if the rest of the team had been on the same wave length as him. He only played 14 games for us, what might have been :-0
    Granted there, but generally speaking it did not work out.
  • If this is all we can afford to bring in then we will do well to avoid relegation this season. There must be better in the lower leagues in England or Scotland.
  • What I've heard is he is training with us for a week, not on trial.

After that, he does the same at Hubs, before returning to the US.

It is just training, during the MLS close season.

Let's not get too carried away, eh?
  • What I've heard is he is training with us for a week, not on trial.

After that, he does the same at Hubs, before returning to the US.

It is just training, during the MLS close season.

Let's not get too carried away, eh?

Is this a new nickname for Liverpool? I no (Copyright: Paulie) they're desperate after selling Suarez & losing then Sturridge, but seems a bit of a push :)
  • Do you think this fella is going to be on our bench today, or down Bluewater doing some Christmas shopping?
  • dizzee said:

When will we be retiring Churchy's shirt?

Isn't the number 9 still vacant?

• Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Agree about Mourinho.
    Apart from making it worth coming to watch.

Ps...I do get your point....we were still generally shit with him in the team.