Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retro shirts to come back to the clubshop?

Comments

• Options
    Would buy the white one in normal circumstances
  • Options

Good bit of marketing,being able to sell a shirt from over 20 years ago, they certainly know how to pull on the wallet strings, is this supporting the regime if I buy one?

Real fans already have them ;)
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Good bit of marketing,being able to sell a shirt from over 20 years ago, they certainly know how to pull on the wallet strings, is this supporting the regime if I buy one?

Can you still fit in them though?
  • Options
    Ross said:

cfgs said:

Can you still fit in them though?
    Yes although the seams are bulging.
  • Options

Who cares, if you want one get one. I think his wallet is already hurting enough.
  • Options
    I swapped the white with an Aberdeen fan while pissed up in Sydney.
    A terrible decision.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Valley11 said:

I swapped the white with an Aberdeen fan while pissed up in Sydney.
    A terrible decision.

Was Sydney a minger then?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Interesting that Hummel are focusing on those two shirts : - )
  • Options
    I knew they'd feature Lee Bowyer in the white shirt, it was the first image that came to my mind!

Viglen the shirt sponsor still exist, so it's a bit of free publicity for them! Well Lord Sugar their owner needs the cash :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the purple and green one and have been searching for a decent quality one for a few years with no luck.
  • Options
    100% getting the white one soon, preferably under new ownership
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I have the purple and green one, but unfortunately 14 year old me was considerably more svelte than 36 year old me. Very tempted to get one. The kit itself is a monstrosity, but has significant nostalgia value.
  • Options
    Got both originals and a match worn green one. Two of my favourite kits along with the half white half green/purple kit.
  • Options

cfgs said:

I have the purple and green one, but unfortunately 14 year old me was considerably more svelte than 36 year old me. Very tempted to get one. The kit itself is a monstrosity, but has significant nostalgia value.
    It's a beautiful monstrosity?!
    It's martmite! You love it or hate it but not many clubs have had a kit like that one.
  • Options
    I've still got the original purple and green one with number 11 (Bowyer) on the back with the the badge in the bottom of each number.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Match worn by Stuart Balmer

Is it still sweaty :smile:
  • Options
    My son bought me the Viglen shirt for my birthday. Will be wearing it to Wembley!
  • Options
    I had been looking for a purple original for a few years with no joy. I picked up the white viglen and Half white/purple ones from eBay a couple of years back though - I’m pretty sure someone died in the half one though given the smell it arrived with!

Please make this mean that next years away is a modern version of the purple one
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stay strong.

• Options
    What does it say about how old you're getting when you have the original Retro jerseys in the back of your closet? Now, checking if any of them still fit ...
  • Options

What does it say about how old you're getting when you have the original Retro jerseys in the back of your closet? Now, checking if any of them still fit ...

The words "jerseys" and "closet" say quite a lot about you.

:wink:
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The words "jerseys" and "closet" say quite a lot about you.

:wink:
    It's in the username.
  • Options
    Any spending at the club on anything at this point in time can only be the work of a terribly fevered mind with not one atom of regard or care for the club, its heritage or future.
    As soon as the insane old liar is gone,spend as much as you like on as much nostalgic tat as you can carry. But buying new stuff now marks you as a pariah. You’ll be less conspicuous with a sign saying ROLAND DUCHATELET: THE BEST A CLUB CAN GET
    Nostalgia is never as smart as you remember it tho, especially at those prices
  • Options
    The purple and green one is as utterly monstrous as I recall. Awful, just awful...