Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Nottingham Forest 1-1 Charlton

Many thanks to the 33 Lifers who gave marks, the averages as follows:

Pope-------------- 7.53 MoM
Harriott------------- 7.47
Cousins------------- 7.39
Coquelin------------ 7.27
Solly---------------- 7.10
Ben Haim------------ 6.98
Bikey--------------- 6.74
Gudmundsson-------- 6.68
Vetokele------------ 6.66
Fox----------------- 6.55
Wilson-------------- 5.65
Team---6.91

full stats including the season so far at: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/3a/d271c3cbedb20821669afa34b789c9.pdf

Comments

• The top five performers must have an average age of about 22 - good news.
  • Four of the top 5 have come up from the youth team (I think we're entitled to count Pope as one of our own)
  • They are all young apart from the central defenders. The lowest scores go to Vetokele (not hitting early season highs) and Wilson / Fox - not first choice.
    Looks good for 2015.
  • edited December 2014

Four of the top 5 have come up from the youth team (I think we're entitled to count Pope as one of our own)

Agreed it is good but Pope does not count IMO, was he not 16/17 when we signed him?

Edit: Just checked he was 19, so we can't really claim him to be one of our academy products.
  • If West Han can say Defoe was one of their youth players, we can say Pope is one of ours
  • Not sure it matters where they came from! The simple fact is that we have the youngest squad in the Championship and virtually every player except Church, Wilson and loan players are on long term deals.
    If we can continue to secure decent 19-22 year old talent we will improve over time and maybe develop some transfer revenue.
    At the beginning of the season a fair few fans were worried in case Pope wasn't ready to step up - this before we signed Henderson.
    We now know we have decent cover in most but not all positions.
  • Think those marks are about right besides Bikey who lost his head and was a bit of a liability on the ball in the second half IMO.
  • Think those marks are about right besides Bikey who lost his head and was a bit of a liability on the ball in the second half IMO.

ive noticed that. hope it doesnt become an issue as we cant score enough to make up for defensive blunders. tired maybe?

• as for the you the of the team it doesnt matter where they come from if they keep playing regularly it can only do good
  • youth
    SEFREE said:

as for the you the of the team it doesnt matter where they come from if they keep playing regularly it can only do good

youth i mean

• Sponsored links:

• Four of the top 5 have come up from the youth team (I think we're entitled to count Pope as one of our own)

What makes you think we are entitled to count him as one of our own we he joined at 19

What makes you think we are entitled to count him as one of our own we he joined at 19
    You're too young to have met the real Andy Nelson in his prime Paulie, otherwise you would know what he says goes! :-)