Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dennis in the last minute - Ten years ago today!

Another 'anniversary' - not quite as important as 5th Dec 1992.

Anyway, what do people (well, the 700-odd who sucked up Jordan charging us £30 for a Sunday Sky game, maybe even £35?) remember of the game?

I remember a good atmosphere from our small following, shite game but good laugh on the concourse at half-time. Thought 'here we go' when El Karkouri brought down Johnson, and then sheer joy when Deano saved Johnson's 78th penalty of the season. Went absolutely mental when Dennis scored at the end.

Got ripped off to go to that dump, and lost my phone during the celebrations but it was all worth it!!

Comments

• Oh, and the seats...!!
  • Watched on TV. My wife complained when I screamed as that daisy cutter snuck in! Big smiles!
  • TV for me. I was in a pub up town spilling most of my pint all over the bemused punters and jumping around alot.
  • Great day. Reckon we had about 1,500 there, shocking numbers really but a good 1,500. Great atmosphere and utter scenes in the last min.

10 years though.....kin hell.

"Oh Selhurst park ain't got no seats"
  • Great memories. I think Chris Powell was the TV guest (?) and our fans were kept back at the end. The noise in the emptying stadium was fantastic. Was this the game where the woman came on the pitch at HT begging for money because they were going skint ?

It's games like this where I always think " I wanna be in that number, when the Reds go marching in"
  • Chris Powell in the Sky studio to the left of the away section, think it was while he was at West Ham, gave the away section a wave and a fist pump at the end.

Was announced over the tannoy just before Dennis scored that we'd be locked in after the game for 15 minutes. Palace fans were all chanting "it's for your own safety". As it turned out it gave us an extra fifteen minutes to celebrate. Probably the most mental I've ever gone when that went in!
  • Soon as Dennis hit it I thought' hang on that's going on' and it did.

Rommedahl, Kitson and Todarov didn't really excel for us but all scored winners at Palace, so into our Hall of Fame.
  • In the top 5 of great Charlton days

Much better than when we won 1-0 with 8000 fans there.
  • One of my favourite away trips ever. 10 years ago, eh? What will be saying in 10 years' time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Was in Gambia on holiday, but still got to hear the result.
  • Gutted I was not a regular away day traveler back in the prem days.
  • The back of the Arthur Wait that day was no place for woman or kids! When Deano saved the penalty I ended up about ten rows down to where I was originally standing, and when the goal went in it was absolute carnage!! Great Memories!
  • Loved it so much i even bought a 'Dennis in the last minute' T shirt , can't believe it was 10 years ago, quality day out!
  • MrLargo said:

Chris Powell in the Sky studio to the left of the away section, think it was while he was at West Ham, gave the away section a wave and a fist pump at the end.

Was announced over the tannoy just before Dennis scored that we'd be locked in after the game for 15 minutes. Palace fans were all chanting "it's for your own safety". As it turned out it gave us an extra fifteen minutes to celebrate. Probably the most mental I've ever gone when that went in!

Same as me, i went mad when we scored, and i can say other than a the Playoff Game, the most i have ever celebrated a Charlton win at the ground. And i had never seen so many seats smashed up at one time. Oh great days!
  • Great day, couldn't believe it when we nicked it.
    Also I completely forgot about Deanos pen save.....double whammy against the Nigels
  • Can't believe its ten years ago.

I was 17 at the time and watched from home with my mate who was a Millwall fan and wanted us to win. I've never celebrated a goal quite like that in a ground or in a living room.

Apart from when we did the stripey cnuts in 2007 maybe.
  • Great to have Chrissy Powell in the commentary box doing his three cheers at the end of the game as well.
  • Class away day, can't believe that was 10 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• That will live long in the memory this one! We played in yellow didn't we?
    I thought we had loads there, we sure made enough noise. The team came back out on the pitch after the game to cool down and obviously got another round of "in the last minute Dennis"! Great to see Powell too in the TV studio respond to our chants. I think Palace turned up at Norwood station later to 'congratulate' us....
  • Loved it. After a pretty ordinary first half, it came alive at half time. Second half just got better and better from Deano's penalty save then Dennis in the last minute. Another away day to live in the memory.
  • The most I have enjoyed a goal, since super Clive, my head never recovered still hurts from the roar I gave in that shit hole
  • Dennis R was worth every penny for that goal alone.
  • I was there with my dad @CharltonKerry‌ it was a great day and even better scoring in the last minute and then being locking in with chris Powell in the sky box giving some
  • I was either at a family wedding or party, can't remember which.

Recorded the game and made sure I didn't know the result. Got home to my flat and watched it with my old man starting about 2am. At what must have been 4am-ish we were completely and absolutely wasted and dancing around the living room like idiots. Love that goal. The neighbours possibly not quite so much.
  • The back of the Arthur Wait that day was no place for woman or kids! When Deano saved the penalty I ended up about ten rows down to where I was originally standing, and when the goal went in it was absolute carnage!! Great Memories!

About 80 of us arrived 20 or so minutes in after being marched down from Thornton Heath. All ended up in that back block - the penalty save and the goal led to absolute bedlam!!
  • edited December 2014
    One of the best away celebrations in years. Shame so many fans boycotted it because it was on tv £35
  • I nearly left before the winner as i had to get a train back to Wales where i was living at the time but got stopped from leaving the ground by the old bill...i'm glad they did :)
  • Remember it well sure our tickets were about £ 35 and a lot of fans boycotted it because they didn't wana pay that greasy shit bag Simon Jordan the money.Great day went to the one also when Kitson scored been twice to palace and won both times.