Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

no renewal of seasons tickets-charltons response

None!
For over 10 years we have held over 6 season tickets between us costing best part of 2 grand a season
This year none of us renewed for the 1st time.
Has anyone who didn't renew been contacted personaly by the club?
If I ran a bussiness and suddenly lost 2 grands worth of repeat business I'd want to know why?
Surely we were worth a phone call?
Ok I know at the last minute we were sent tickets for the 1st game!

Comments

• I switched my child one from my son to my daughter and they've written to him, even though he's only 8.
  • iaitch said:

Why has it taken over 3 months to complain about this?

I guess possibly because after 3 months it's easier to have a meaningful perspective of the attempts they've made to make him renew, which are apparently limited to a free ticket to the first match of the season.
  • I'm sure you are so outraged that you refuse to go to any more matches......oh hang on.......you don't go anyway!!
  • Purely out of interest @floydroadfaithfull‌ would be good to know the following:

1. Since the start of the season, how many games at The Valley have you been ?
    2. Same for the others in your group?
    3. How many of those have been at paying full price, and how many have been on freebies, discounts, using others spare tickets etc
    4. Are you consider getting a half ST or not? Are others in your group?
    5. What would tempt you to return next season as a ST holder again ?

Hope you don't mind, would be interested in the response.
  • Sponsored links:

• The club have dropped the prices and improved the team, pitch and most importantly home performances / results.

Fans have dropped out after every season since we were relegated from the FAPL. Price was one of the reasons and that led to the £150 ticket offer.

I know fans who haven't renewed this season and in my opinion it's their loss! To have watched second and third tier football this long and then stop just as we turn a corner is unfortunate.

Perhaps some have not renewed because of their perception of the new owner and the turbulence of last season?

Our crowds are up again this season and I hope they continue to increase. Perhaps after we have had six months or a year of this new look squad, the club will make an appeal to ALL lapse fans to get behind their team and their club?

Perhaps the club or the supporters Trust can ask lapse season ticket holders why they have not renewed - is it a political protest, bored of Charlton or what? It can't be the price because there are plenty of tickets available at lower prices than last year.

Seven seasons outside the FAPL is a long time - let's hope it's not much longer.
  • To have watched second and third tier football this long and then stop just as we turn a corner is unfortunate.

We finished 9th two years ago. Where do you think we will finish this season?

• For over 10 years we have held over 6 season tickets between us costing best part of 2 grand a season
    If I ran a bussiness and suddenly lost 2 grands worth of repeat business I'd want to know why?

So they did respond.

They wrote to you and gave you a free ticket.

maybe they could have done more but to say that there was no response seems odd when you yourself state that they was.
    In that ticket offer/letter was there anywhere asking for reasons why I hadn't renewed?
    No!
    They couldn't give a toss why we hadn't renewed and Maybee take some feedback as to the reasons why?
    We didn't take them up on the free ticket options for the same reason we didn't renew?

• Which was?
  • WSS said:

Which was?

They've all moved to Patagonia?

• For over 10 years we have held over 6 season tickets between us costing best part of 2 grand a season

So they did respond.

maybe they could have done more but to say that there was no response seems odd when you yourself state that they was.
    In that ticket offer/letter was there anywhere asking for reasons why I hadn't renewed?
    No!
    They couldn't give a toss why we hadn't renewed and Maybee take some feedback as to the reasons why?
    We didn't take them up on the free ticket options for the same reason we didn't renew?

Strange thread, should be floydroadunfaithfull!!
  • edited December 2014

For over 10 years we have held over 6 season tickets between us costing best part of 2 grand a season

So they did respond.

No!

maybe they don't give a toss, maybe they rang some of you but had an old phone number or didn't have a number at all. I don't know.

But you started by saying that there was no response and then said they had responded. You didn't say "why haven't they asked me for my reasons."

Katrien.meire@cafc.co.uk would seem the best person to contact with your reasons for not renewing.
  • None!

As you are possibly aware, Charlton employees, do look on here regularly.

They no doubt saw your whinges about destroying your season ticket, when we lost a game and whinges threatening not to renew and were relieved, hoping that you would stop bleating on CL.

Unfortunately, they were wrong as you are still whinging, even though you didn't renew.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can assure you it was not football reasons why we didn't renew as over the last 10 years or so had witnessed many a shocking shite game and have never left early or booed the team or given players abuse ?
  • None!

Why so angry fella?
  • None!
    For over years we have hver 6 season tickets between us costing best part of 2 grand a season
    Has anyone whadndn't renew been contacted personaly by the club?
    As you are possibly aware, Charlton employees, do look on here regularly.

They no doubt saw your whinges about destroying your season ticket, when we lost a game and whinges threatening not to renew and were relieved, hoping that you would stop bleating on CL.

Unfortunately, they were wrong as you are still whinging, even though you didn't renew.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.
    Covered end i find ur answer a bit offensive as I've never threatened not to renew my ticket or destroy the one i had?
    As we all used travel many miles to away games we learned that following chartlon has more lows than highs than lows and can asure you have never critisised or booed a Charlton team off the pitch
    I was posting to see if it was a general thing that people hadnt been personally contacted as it was something I'd only just thought about?

• I

None!

Why so angry fella?
    Not angry about it just curious why a company wouldn't want to know why they lost our bussiness

• Maybe they thought they wouldn't get a straight answer from you....

What could have given them that impression?

• I would have given my reasons plain and simple to any one from the club who contacted me?
  • FRF, why didn't you let the club know why you hadn't renewed?
  • I would have given my reasons plain and simple to any one from the club who contacted me?

So what's the issue, you didn't want to renew, you had your 'plain and simple reasons'. Did you want someone from the club to ring you just so you could air your grievances?