Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burglar Alarms

Just been reading the thread about burglaries in Bexleyheath.

Do many people on here have a burglar alarm?

If so, recommend any make/models? Also, any installers recommended? Is it worth hooking them up to the police station etc?

I gather most are wireless these days so minimal disruption to house and decorations etc. What about typical costs?

Do you reckon they are worth it? Do they deter people from breaking in? When alarms go off in my road, nobody thinks that the house is bring broken into. Most people reckon the alarm has gone off in error! Bit like car alarms.... If you hear your car alarm go off that is a good thing cos it means your car is still there. It's when you can't hear your car alarm you should be worried cos it could mean your car has been pinched!!

Interested in responses. Been meaning to get one for a while...location.. DA1 Fanackapan country.

Comments

• The house with the back door and windows wide open all day while we are all out at work..
  • Need a burgular alarm?

Have a work with T.C.E

He breeds them apparently...........
  • edited December 2014
    Darty, the guy I use is ex OB and he's very reasonable. I will pm you his details if you're interested.
    Does it deter burglars? Of course it does, massively.

He also fitted me a spotlight with a camera for about £100 which is really handy.
  • I've got a dog and there is someone in my house pretty much all the time given everyone's workings patterns. But I must get round to getting an alarm. Stone - could you pm me your mates details ease? Cheers.
  • I thought everyone had an alarm these days, not that anyone pays a blind bit of notice when one goes off.
  • I put in a visonic alarm last year, not had any problems with it. Good top spec and can be operated by my phone, only time it went off was when I was in Vienna this time last year and my brother forgot to switch it off when returning from the pub whilst looking after the dog.
  • edited December 2014
    @C.Walsh'sLoveChild can help
  • ADT fully monitored
  • Spy Alarms, excellent company, I've used them for many years home and work.

They used to sort the alarms at The Valley but this new regime might have put them on the culled list of good long serving contractors.
  • Sponsored links:

• mickc said:

Spy Alarms, excellent company, I've used them for many years home and work.

They used to sort the alarms at The Valley but this new regime might have put them on the culled list of good long serving contractors.

Or not called them to discuss their lapsed season tickets
  • Any recommendations for an installer, Sevenoaks area, thanks.
    Premier Alarms who are based in Sevenoaks. I used them to service an alarm I had in a previous house and I have just swapped to them now the warranty has run out on the alarm in my current house.

0208 313 1223
    Premier Alarms who are based in Sevenoaks. I used them to service an alarm I had in a previous house and I have just swapped to them now the warranty has run out on the alarm in my current house.

0208 313 1223
    Nice one, cheers mate, when I did a search they didn’t come up.
  • My brother a locksmith in Tunbridge wells also fits alarms Clubb Security
    07778 930889 
  • His fitted locks at bowyers house so if his good enough for him. Then again his also done stuff for Steve parish. I said to him hope you charged him double palace tosser 
  • Out of interest how much roughly would a new basic-ish wireless system cost fitted?
  • Starting price 3 zones system including vat £855 

0208 313 1223
    Nice one, cheers mate, when I did a search they didn’t come up.
    Strange, I just Googled it and the following came up:

https://www.premieralarms.co.uk/
  • CCTV is a better and much much cheaper option. Its more likely to put of a thief than an alarm sign on your outside wall. 2 cams and a sensor light for a couple of hundred
  • Sponsored links:

• CCTV is a better and much much cheaper option. Its more likely to put of a thief than an alarm sign on your outside wall. 2 cams and a sensor light for a couple of hundred
    I cannot agree with that, there are plenty of clips available on line with burglars wearing hoodies completely ignoring CCTV knowing their faces cannot be seen. A good security alarm with internal sounders as well as external will make most, if not all intruders get out quick. My internal sounders both up and down stairs would burst your eardrums they are so fecking loud and my neighbours would be alerted as well.

Chuck in a monitoring link to a central station and CCTV does not come close. 
    I cannot agree with that, there are plenty of clips available on line with burglars wearing hoodies completely ignoring CCTV knowing their faces cannot be seen. A good security alarm with internal sounders as well as external will make most, if not all intruders get out quick. My internal sounders both up and down stairs would burst your eardrums they are so fecking loud and my neighbours would be alerted as well.

Chuck in a monitoring link to a central station and CCTV does not come close. 
    Its each to their own i guess.
    On this one i disagree purely on evidence from convicted burglars that say CCTV and dogs put them off more.
    If they are wearing hoodies and not caring about CCTV then an alarm is not really going to bother them
  • Ive just had a smart home security system installed. Not cheap but I can monitor every thing from my phone. Message me if you need the details
  • Go on then MrDick, I wouldn’t mind watching.

😉
  • I need someone to install a new Annke 4-camera CCTV system in Orpington. Any recommendations for someone reliable and reasonable?
  • Not sure if he does them cameras but does all that stuff and to you phone as well.suppose it’s how much you want to pay for your security.