Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anchor and Hope

Does the Anchor and Hope still put on live music?
If so, does anyone know what's coming up?
Does the pub have a website?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You could call them
    020 8858 0382
  • Options
    So Charlton win, I go to the anchor and hope. The pub is empty of Charlton fans. Don’t we go to the pub any more???

• Options
    Stewart said:
    So Charlton win, I go to the anchor and hope. The pub is empty of Charlton fans. Don’t we go to the pub any more???

Was rammed before the game. Got a pint and a pizza from the hut outside! Really good pizza actually. Made up for Winkles being unusually shut 
  • Options
    Good to hear. @Leuth

This is the best pub in Charlton . This should be making a killing, after the game, considering all the pubs that are shut down. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Good to hear. @Leuth

This is the best pub in Charlton . This should be making a killing, after the game, considering all the pubs that are shut down. 
    What an accolade!
  • Options
    In my opinion, it is. 
  • Options
    I know there aren't many pubs left in Charlton but that the Anchor & Hope is still as good as it is, packed away in its slightly remote cubby-hole, feels pretty miraculous tbh
  • Options
    Our Dad loved it in there.
    Felt weird going in there once he was gone.
    Lovely pub.
    Must visit on my next trip over.
  • Options
    ROD was pretty packed after.
    Think the rain maybe put some off the longer walk to the Anchor.  
  • Options
    I also suspect that the heavy rain would have deterred most punters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was busy before the game. Me and off it were in there afterwards. Was pretty dead. Good pub though. Has anybody ever used that hair gel in the bogs?
  • Options
    I like the Anchor, but it’s well out the way. Ok pre game as you’re then walking to the ground. But unless you plan to get a cab from the pub afterwards you’re left leaving the pub after a booze and a bit of a mission.

I suspect the post game scene is largely limited to Crossbars, Oak, RoD post games now. Does Bugle still get people in?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Was busy before the game. Me and off it were in there afterwards. Was pretty dead. Good pub though. Has anybody ever used that hair gel in the bogs?
    You?
  • Options
    danny777 said:
    Does the Anchor and Hope still put on live music? If so, does anyone know what's coming up? Does the pub have a website? Thanks
    You're not Saandgards manager, are you?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    I have - trouble is I’m bald, so doesn’t look to clever. 
  • Options
    Are you sure it's hair gel?