Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'The Lone Clapper'

A number of seasons back there used to be a guy that sat in the East Stand in the part right next to the Family Stand. He used to clap almost all game trying to get the rest of the crowd going (during seasons when things weren't too great). Me and my Uncle deemed him 'The Lone Clapper'. Anyone know the guy I'm talking about and what happened to him? Or are there any other unsung heros of the Valley over the years?

Comments

• weren't he a teenager that went with his parents?
  • The Phantom Hand Clapper of old London town? I still see him from time to time, still in block H in the East Stand - he has hands of steel, you can hear him clapping above everyone.
  • I remember him.
    Late teens maybe and must have had hands the size of dinner plate for the noise he made.
  • We called him the happy clapper. Don't see him much any more.
  • Yeah I sat in the family bit next to him with the barrier in between during the prem years.. His dad had a rascal hair cut!
  • I went to see Crawley Town play last season and sat 2 or 3 seats from a bloke who bellowed at the top of his voice "Crawley" and clapped his hands several times in an attempt to get a chant going. He was rarely successful and can't have had any voice left in the evening.
  • A number of seasons back there used to be a guy that sat in the East Stand in the part right next to the Family Stand. He used to clap almost all game trying to get the rest of the crowd going (during seasons when things weren't too great). Me and my Uncle deemed him 'The Lone Clapper'. Anyone know the guy I'm talking about and what happened to him? Or are there any other unsung heros of the Valley over the years?

That's 'Tutt Tutt' ;o)
  • Perhaps he caught the clap
  • We always called him Happy Clapper. His old man would get involved as well.

Just to the right of him a bit further back in the Family bit was a bloke that always gave it plenty of welly when Insanity played just before the 2nd half restart. Gradual bid up from foot tapping to full on it's all gone pete tong
  • Sponsored links:

• Only one loo in my house too...

Oh, Clapper, not Crapper. :)
  • He now prefers to stay home and watch the dodgy live streams...........

• He now prefers to stay home and watch the dodgy live streams...........

Where did you get that film of me?
  • A number of seasons back there used to be a guy that sat in the East Stand in the part right next to the Family Stand. He used to clap almost all game trying to get the rest of the crowd going (during seasons when things weren't too great). Me and my Uncle deemed him 'The Lone Clapper'. Anyone know the guy I'm talking about and what happened to him? Or are there any other unsung heros of the Valley over the years?

That's 'Tutt Tutt' ;o)
    oi! I've just put you on the thread "Things you haven't seen at the Valley for ages".
  • He's gonna love it when he sees this thread
  • I sit a few rows behind him in the east. Very enthusiastic which is what we need! Very friendly family too.