Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Museum - financial contributions

edited December 2014 in General Charlton
With the pukka Museum thread still in full swing, I thought that perhaps a separate discussion specifically about helping out with the finances might be worthwhile.

At this time of year in particular there are many pressing demands upon the wallet, but now is the ideal time to capitalise on the great interest generated by the Museum's opening, and to use the present momentum to bring in more funds as soon as possible.

Those of us fortunate enough to be there on Friday night will be unanimous in their appreciation of this breathtaking achievement, but as has been said many times, this is only the start. The Trustees have undoubtedly got many options and plans in mind, but the scope of what they can do is pretty much related to the support they receive henceforth in cold hard cash. Remember, this project is entirely self-financing.

A leaflet on Friday refers to the following possibilities for those interested in becoming Friends of the Museum:
Friend £20 per year
VIP Friend £75 per year
Corporate membership £250 per year
Lifetime friend £250

The Trustees may feel they can only make so many "official" requests for support before people start to switch off, so as an ordinary fan may I just say, uninvited, on the Trustees' behalf that they have created out of nothing something extraordinary of which we can all be immensely proud, and if there is any way that help in the form of money, exhibits or assistance of any kind can be offered then please don't hesitate - you won't be disappointed, that's for certain sure!

Comments

• Ooh museum fwend.....

Great post GHF. Makes you proud to be part of such a motivated and pro-active group of of supporters. Amazing that the trustees and everyone that helped got this going and now is open. Well done!
  • might be idea to put a link or details of how we can become Friends of the Museum, or have I missed it somewhere else?
  • Thanks for posting this.

We're still working on the differing levels of membership and what each offers.

Before the museum had opened it was difficult to offer different incentives but now we have it will be come easier.

More later.

Before the museum had opened it was difficult to offer different incentives but now we have it will be come easier.

More later.

Hurry up, Henry - this would make a great Christmas present for many Addicks, I'm sure. Today is "Cyber Monday" and tomorrow "Giving Tuesday"...

I'll certainly be dropping hints to Mr W.

More later.

Hurry up, Henry - this would make a great Christmas present for many Addicks, I'm sure. Today is "Cyber Monday" and tomorrow "Giving Tuesday"...

I'll certainly be dropping hints to Mr W.

yup good point, would make a great present
  • Sounds interesting.