Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson: Charlton dropped three points in defeat by Ipswich

Comments

• Jackson is right .. our finishing, or rather non finishing, was dreadful .. Solly looked the most dangerous attacker, perhaps Peeters should move him to midfield/attack and move Wilson or bring in Gomez at right back
  • Wilson made things happen when he came on, Cousins and Solly always looked a threat going forwards. Igor made some good runs, especially for JBG, but he holds onto the ball for too long instead of playing that killer pass. Bit one-footed maybe?
  • edited December 2014

Wilson made things happen when he came on, Cousins and Solly always looked a threat going forwards. Igor made some good runs, especially for JBG, but he holds onto the ball for too long instead of playing that killer pass. Bit one-footed maybe?

I've noticed some people mention JBG should have laid the ball off for Cousins when he got to the edge of the box after a run in the second half. I disagree personally as I would fancy Gudmundsson on the edge of the box on his best foot rather than Cousins just inside the box on his weaker left foot.
  • cafctom said:

Wilson made things happen when he came on, Cousins and Solly always looked a threat going forwards. Igor made some good runs, especially for JBG, but he holds onto the ball for too long instead of playing that killer pass. Bit one-footed maybe?

I've noticed some people mention JBG should have laid the ball off for Cousins when he got to the edge of the box after a run in the second half. I disagree personally as I would fancy Gudmundsson on the edge of the box on his best foot rather than Cousins just inside the box on his weaker left foot.
    There was another one he should have put through to Igor as well. I'd fancy any player with just the GK to beat over one cutting inside with defenders in front of him. Let's remember that Cousins isn't Simon Church or Tucudean, he would have at least hit the target.
  • "The first half was the best we've played all season"

Heavens above, I hope not - it was dire.
  • "The first half was the best we've played in a while"

Fixed the quote...
    I watched the game on sky recording yesterday and we were good in the first half.
  • "The first half was the best we've played all season"

Was you at the game?
  • Can only echo Jacko's comments re: Ipswich.
    For a team sitting in 2nd, I wasn't impressed by them at all.
    Very slow in possession and looked rusty at the back. I thought we should of bought a second striker on a lot earlier to exploit this.

Fancy us to get something at Portman rd.
  • cafctom said:

"The first half was the best we've played all season"

Was you at the game?
  • I thought we were fantastic in the first half up until the finish in front of goal, we played some lovely passing football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jarman said:

Can only echo Jacko's comments re: Ipswich.
    For a team sitting in 2nd, I wasn't impressed by them at all.
    Very slow in possession and looked rusty at the back. I thought we should of bought a second striker on a lot earlier to exploit this.

Fancy us to get something at Portman rd.

I suspect that Irish Mick will use Jacko's comments to motivate his players.
  • Ipswich had more shots than us... don't fully agree with JJ here. Just because we ran the midfield doesn't mean we deserved to win. Ipswich had the better tactics at the end, they almost deserve the 3pts. Draw would have been fair.
  • cafctom said:

"The first half was the best we've played all season"

Was you at the game?
    No, I was watching it on Teletext - which is why it was so poor.
  • Ipswich had more shots than us... don't fully agree with JJ here. Just because we ran the midfield doesn't mean we deserved to win. Ipswich had the better tactics at the end, they almost deserve the 3pts. Draw would have been fair.

Possession was 50/50, shots were pretty much the same, Ipswich had their chances too. No team dominated. Ipswich took one of their chances and we didn't.
  • edited December 2014
    colin1961 said:

Agree the first half was one of our best I have seen for many years

Not even the best this season.

Better and scored goals v Derby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxpfBX01npo

big difference was that George and Igor were both on song and both scored.

V Ipswich neither was or did
  • colin1961 said:

Agree the first half was one of our best I have seen for many years

Not even the best this season.

Better and scored goals v Derby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxpfBX01npo

big difference was that George and Igor were both on song and both scored.

V Ipswich neither was or did
    One isn't fully fit and the other can't seem to come off the bench and impact games. We need to play two upfront from the start.