Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand Chanting

What was the repetitive chant/song coming from the North Upper today and against Millwall? Couldn't make out the words... Not When I was young or Bob Peter's he's got no hair

Comments

• Options
    aller aller ou from what I could hear
  • Options
    The lyrics are "CAFC" and then "Red and white army" - literally.
  • Options
    Alle alle alle ohhhh cafc, that's where I'll be
  • Options
    we been singing it for a few weeks now
    its a noise that I wont even attempt to spell then cafc, red and white army
  • Options

That's the one, cheers guys

• Options
    Would be better Addick addick addicko just to make us difrent from every other club in the English speaking world, #justsaying
  • Options
    This was sung away at Reading too - where there was a great atmosphere in the away end. Best game and best atmosphere in November for us I reckon.
  • Options
    Glad you asked that Heisnberg, I thought it was just one more bit of evidence that my ears are shot to pieces. Now I can put it down the the choir's poor enunciation.

It just sounded like "ally ally ooh", to me. I kept expecting them to sing "the big ship sails".
  • Options
    Most annoying chant of recent times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only one way to sort this.

Everyone buy their ticket for Forest and hear it loud & proud in person.

Simples.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Forest after reading today's match thread, except for the last 30 seconds. I thought this chant sounded awesome at Reading whilst watching it on tv. Looking forward to game now.
  • Options
    Glad I know the words before Forest.

For the last two games I've been wondering why covered end has been singing about Adebayor!
  • Options

Looking forward to Forest after reading today's match thread, except for the last 30 seconds. I thought this chant sounded awesome at Reading whilst watching it on tv. Looking forward to game now.

Are we talking about the same chant? It was the Bob Peeters one that got a good airing there.
  • Options

Glad I know the words before Forest.

For the last two games I've been wondering why covered end has been singing about Adebayor!

He would be a good loan signing
  • Options
    Thought the drum beat during the first half was fantastic today. It seemed choreographed to the terrific passing football we were playing and reminded me of the samba beat that accompanied the fantastic '82 Brazilians during the World Cup in Spain!!!

PS I haven't been drinking!!
  • Options

Thought the drum beat during the first half was fantastic today. It seemed choreographed to the terrific passing football we were playing and reminded me of the samba beat that accompanied the fantastic '82 Brazilians during the World Cup in Spain!!!

PS I haven't been drinking!!

Perhaps you should start
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I genuinely thought it was "Red Army" instead of "that's where I'll be" - my hearings getting worse than my eyesight !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I genuinely thought it was "Red Army" instead of "that's where I'll be" - my hearings getting worse than my eyesight !
    I think Everton originally started singing it over here and there version says 'that's where I'll be' was talking to my mates and he said in the j block they're singing 'red and white army' but everyone in H who I've heard sing it says that's where I'll be. God knows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Common chant amongst teams now, was in the blackpool away end yesterday and they sung it all game
  • Options
    Not too impressed with the upside down (Sheff.W.?) Union Flag.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Are we talking about the same chant? It was the Bob Peeters one that got a good airing there.
    Stig is right. The song at Reading was the Bob Peters one, which got sung for about the last fifteen minutes.
    The one talked about in this thread didn't really catch on there.
  • Options
    I was north upper J block, and I can 100% confirm it's "Allleaaloilalalalaalalaa x2, cafc, red & white army".
  • Options
    Didn't know that the North Stand were fans of aioli...
  • Options
    Portch said:

I was north upper J block, and I can 100% confirm it's "Allleaaloilalalalaalalaa x2, cafc, red & white army".

This. I was in the H block. Shame more fans can't "get behind" the team a bit more... *Open the flood gates*
  • Options
    The original version is 'that's where I'll be'
  • Options
    I was signing "the one an only" lol