Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

realistic January targets you'd like to see

Comments

• Options

Not too sure if it's realistic but Adel Taarabt could be good, not getting games at Qpr, maybe on loan.

Noooo... Couldn't see Bob putting up with his attitude for five mins... Remember him saying early in the season that he didnt want to sign Premier League players who would just come here to bascially collect another wage packet... Would definitely put Adel Taarabt in this category
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Atdhe Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednsday. Caused us all sorts of problems at the beginning of the 2-3 last year. Offers a lot going forward, I believe could do well partnering Igor

He would be perfect with Igor.
  • Options

Not too sure if it's realistic but Adel Taarabt could be good, not getting games at Qpr, maybe on loan.

Noooo... Couldn't see Bob putting up with his attitude for five mins... Remember him saying early in the season that he didnt want to sign Premier League players who would just come here to bascially collect another wage packet... Would definitely put Adel Taarabt in this category
    Agree with you, but if it was a loan signing then that could work, definitely a good player on his day.
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

Atdhe Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednsday. Caused us all sorts of problems at the beginning of the 2-3 last year. Offers a lot going forward, I believe could do well partnering Igor

caused us a load of problems a couple of weeks ago but doesn't fit the young, hungry with a re-sale value model

• Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    Milwall and Charlton linked with Chris O'Grady but sounds like Brighton forward set to join Sheffield United on a month's loan.

I don't understand why we are being linked with players who are also being linked with lower championship and high league 1.

surely we should be linked with the same sort of player as teams like Norwich and Forest
    What's the weather like on Planet Paulie today?

Windy and playing havoc with his barnet!
  • Options

Milwall and Charlton linked with Chris O'Grady but sounds like Brighton forward set to join Sheffield United on a month's loan.

I don't understand why we are being linked with players who are also being linked with lower championship and high league 1.

surely we should be linked with the same sort of player as teams like Norwich and Forest

I don't get comments like this, we are 9th in the table and should be looking at going forward not backwards.

IMO getting a player who is linked with a struggling championship side and a league 1 side is not very good.

lets face it we have a player like that in Church, but we need to be looking forward and getting a better class of player if we want to improve
  • Options

I don't get comments like this, we are 9th in the table and should be looking at going forward not backwards.

IMO getting a player who is linked with a struggling championship side and a league 1 side is not very good.

lets face it we have a player like that in Church, but we need to be looking forward and getting a better class of player if we want to improve
    but we didn't get a player linked with a struggling Champ side or a League 1 side did we?

exactly, there wasn't better available out there

• Options

but we didn't get a player linked with a struggling Champ side or a League 1 side did we?

We was linked with Chris O Grady who plays for struggling Brighton was Linked with struggling Millwall and went to League 1 side Sheffield united
  • Options

We was linked with Chris O Grady who plays for struggling Brighton was Linked with struggling Millwall and went to League 1 side Sheffield united
    "linked" is not "get"
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I can see where you're coming from. However, BP knows that we need extra bodies up front, but isn't going to just sign somebody for the sake of it. If you heard KM on the football league show, you will know that the word 'profile' was mentioned and clearly the message is that if a player doesn't fit the mould then that player isn't for us. I'm sure BP has targets in mind, but he is being sensible and waiting until the window opens and the turnover of players is much greater, thus allowing him a better chance of getting the man / men he wants.

Patience.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

Rossman92 said:

caused us a load of problems a couple of weeks ago but doesn't fit the young, hungry with a re-sale value model

And he doesn't play in Belgium, so rules him out.

I'd like to see Matt Smith, Chris O'Grady or Craig-Mackail Smith on a permanent deal when they return from their loan spells.
  • Options

According to Harry, not training
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Vaz Te and extend the coq's loan deal

One ticked off
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

And eh doesn't play in Belgium, so rules him out.

I'd like to see Matt Smith, Chris O'Grady or Craig-Mackail Smith on a permanent deal when they return from their loan spells.
    think we well see someone of much better quality than those three
  • Options
    Bad attitude, thinks he's better than he is, but with the right manager and the fans on his side you never know.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

It's important to differentiate between position and budget. We may be above 'struggling' Championship sides, but in the majority of instances we don't have the financial muscle power (or willingness) to evenly compete in the transfer market with them.

As long as the network keeps churning up the quality of the 'unknowns' we have had so far this season, I wouldn't be too concerned about the players we're linked with or the clubs we're battling against.
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

And eh doesn't play in Belgium, so rules him out.

think we well see someone of much better quality than those three
    I hope so.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want Darren Bent as he couldn't get into a struggling Aston villa side.

Wouldn't mind cog though who can't get in a struggling Brighton side.
  • Options
    What about that French bloke banging them in for the Cherries. OK, he is getting on a bit, but try him out and then make a bid - what's he going to cost 400k - ish. That would look a real bargain if he turns out to be a goalscorer.

Or, now that Brighton have Benty on loan, perhaps they will cast off O'Grady in our direction - seeing as he can't get into a side that is short on goalscorers.

smileythingy and Whitney singing in the background "didn't we almost have it all".
  • Options
    After reading Neil Warnock's autbiography, I don't want Adel Taarabt anywhere near the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id love us to sign Rudy Gestede from Blackburn. Big, strong, good in the air and knows where the goal is
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Id love us to sign Rudy Gestede from Blackburn. Big, strong, good in the air and knows where the goal is

thread is called Realistic, Gestede is unrealistic
    Sorry Paulie
  • Options

Sorry Paulie
    that's ok I forgive you, just think before you write next time :-)
  • Options

Sorry Paulie
    that's ok I forgive you, just think before you write next time :-)
    No problem thread god
  • Options
    Heskey... Scores zero but consequently Vetokele hits another 15 goals and we gain another 10 from around the midfield from all the fouls and free kicks he drawers
  • Options
    The back of the net. Or is that also an unrealistic target these days?
  • Options

Heskey... Scores zero but consequently Vetokele hits another 15 goals and we gain another 10 from around the midfield from all the fouls and free kicks he drawers

On that basis I really like Altidore, struggled for games in the prem because he don't score but would be perfect to play alongside Igor
  • Options
    Difference is Heskey is clubless at the moment.