Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford post a £344k loss

Quite impressive figures from Watford here, running pretty much cost-even (profit previous year).

Notice they too have outsourced their catering in the last year.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/11627733._/?

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Watford have also signed Guedioura on loan from Palace
  • were they one of the clubs that voted for the FFP limits to be lifted?
  • Surprised there was so little comment on the CAFC losses announced in the Millwall programme.

Operating loss down to 5.1m in 13/14 from 5.5m in 12/13

Turnover up to 12.7 from 11.9

The cup run generated 0.9m

Player trading brought in 1.7m same as previous year inc Yann, Dale, Smith and Jon Jo.

We're, as previously said, compliant with FFP

Average Champioship loss in 12/13 was 13.2m
  • Surprised there was so little comment on the CAFC losses announced in the Millwall programme.

Operating loss down to 5.1m in 13/14 from 5.5m in 12/13

Turnover up to 12.7 from 11.9

The cup run generated 0.9m

Player trading brought in 1.7m same as previous year inc Yann, Dale, Smith and Jon Jo.

We're, as previously said, compliant with FFP

Average Champioship loss in 12/13 was 13.2m

Which means the average team in the new FFP rules is 'sustainable' right? Be interesting to see how many of these clubs building up these sustainable losses go bust in the next 5 years. I won't be rushing forwards with my sympathy to their fans.

That said, with us making £6.8M of pre player sale losses we are a basket case ourselves, just a little less so than others.
  • With clubs like Watford (and ourselves) I guess a lot depends on how inter group loans and transfers are treated. It may be advantageous to maximise losses in one country rather than another