Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone looking forward to the Ipswich Game?

I am trying to but early starts combined with Sky coverage always mean a dismal crowd and atmosphere.Good opportunity missed perhaps to give away a few tickets to friends of season ticket holders to fill a few seats and make it look busier on the box at least.

Plus Mick doesn't seem to have a massively positive attitude according to his local rag

'McCarthy openly admits that he wouldn’t bother getting on the coach if you were to offer him a draw at Charlton this Saturday.'

Still, stay positive...

Comments

• Can't same I am looking forward to it for all the above reasons.

Just cant shake the feeling of low expectations I have had since Brentford. This despite a reasonable start to the season.

Still I will be there.

THROUGH THICK AND THIN AS THEY SAY
  • I'm getting my excuses in early....

Can't make this one as i have an 'unmissable' once a eye appointment, will watch on the tele , if i can see that is, eye eye.
  • First home game of the season for me, can't wait!!
  • Looking forward to it, I'll be there.

Think we can get all three points and maybe move back into the play offs.
  • I am looking forward to the game, probably in the foolish hope that Bob will play two up front. Having said that, I have a feeling in my water that it will be home defeat number one.
  • For me its a bit of after the Lord mayors show, was really up for Millwall and expected an adrenalin inspired day,which it would have been had George just got that ball over the line, Ipswich is just a bit meh! after that.
  • Yep, so much so, and to avoid watching it on the box, I am flying back for the weekend.
  • Have to go away for the weekend and was given a choice of last weekend or this, so I'm missing this game. Will be watching on Sky hopefully.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was more worried about a flat non event of a game where you can hear the players shouting like in training than losing. And knowing everyone you know watching at home who knows you are a Charlton fan will be giving you grief on Monday (although I am used to that by now).
    It will be as much a test of character this week as last for the team and lets hope that Bob confounds expectation and we come out fast and furious with two up front and tie it up by half time.
    Its got to happen some time...
  • Stay positive but it could be a 1st home defeat. Don't get too down if so.
  • Nope, never look forward to, Ipswich, Middlesbrough or Blackburn, so its Plumstead Radical for me, plus a few nelsons...Wahay.
  • Looking forward to it simply because I'm going.
  • Look forward to every game. Sometimes I wonder what the draw is !
  • Looking forward to it even more as it's a 12.15, meaning I can get home in time for Soccer Sat
  • Hmmm why are we so rubbish when we play on Sky?

could do with a thread of its own, cue Paulie!

• 442 please
  • I'm on a stag do that starts at 11.30. I can't even get into a pub for it. Furious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well....my Birthday recently and our wedding anniversary soon so we're off to a spa hotel this weekend.

Had the game not been on Sky then I wouldn't have thought twice about trying to keep up with the thread and largely not worrying about it but now we have an issue.

No Sky at the hotel so relying om the iPad and Sky Go plus their wifi of course. The issue of massage vs match has not been discussed let alone the 5 pints I'll drink while watching it (before 2 pm)

She loves it.
  • I am actually debating whether to be a melt or not and watch indoors.
  • NO. Stupid time to kick off
  • I'll be in Copenhagen... first home match I've missed this season!
  • JiMMy 85JiMMy 85 Member
    November 26
    I'm on a stag do that starts at 11.30. I can't even get into a pub for it. Furious.

Stag do! Where's your priorities fella???
  • I was more worried about a flat non event of a game where you can hear the players shouting like in training than losing. And knowing everyone you know watching at home who knows you are a Charlton fan will be giving you grief on Monday (although I am used to that by now).
    It will be as much a test of character this week as last for the team and lets hope that Bob confounds expectation and we come out fast and furious with two up front and tie it up by half time.
    Its got to happen some time...

As 99% of them will be plasmas who never actually go to a game, refuse to get into any discussion with them, that's what I used to do when I lived in the UK...

I am looking forward to it immensely, even though I know it will be a half arsed performance and probably a defeat.
  • I'm a bit "meh" about it but that's because I'm not expecting a dazzling performance with free flowing attacking entertainment on view. Hopefully I'm wrong and we turn it on. Another lacklustre draw would not do much to attract the crowds back even though it wouldn't be a bad result. One of those few games where If I didn't have a season ticket I might find it hard to motivate myself given its on telly and at a time that screws up my game of golf in the morning.
  • Going to be 3000 Ipswich in the Jimmy Seed so that should ensure a reasonable atmosphere at least
  • They will have to get the muckspreading finished early to get down here for 12.15 - those massey fergusons only do about thirty