Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Feels different this year?

Normally this game takes over a fortnight of my life; week of fear and excitement in advance, week of self loathing, depression and hatred after.

This year ? Meh

Possibly because I've been on the sauce, possibly because I've other things on my noggin, but I just haven't had the same feeling for this one that I've normally got. Too many disappointments have taken their toll I reckon.

Just me, or any others feeling the same?

Comments

• No sorry! I've been on the sauce all night and still think they'll rise to the occasion and we'll crumble! Also we're unbeaten at home and they haven't won away! Seen it too many times now that I just don't build my hopes up!
  • I'll be there but out of duty more than excitement which isn't right!

I was much more enthusiastic about my trip to Reading.
  • 11 am booze start. 2-1 charlton. You heard it here first. Lump on it.
  • It feels different to me too. Last few times we have played them I have not been at all confident but now I actually think we are going to beat them convincingly and I havent been on the sauce.
  • Lightweights!
    FFS :)
    Look at the table end of the month and make a call about whether you support the club...if in doubt think back over the years and decades... If still in doubt start thinking that maybe there's an alternative narrative to the last few years where.... Nope 'nuff said :)
  • Lightweights!
    FFS :)
    Look at the table end of the month and make a call about whether you support the club...if in doubt think back over the years and decades... If still in doubt start thinking that maybe there's an alternative narrative to the last few years where.... Nope 'nuff said :)

?
  • Totally up for it and whether it's Millwall, Ipswich or Blackpool, every win takes us closer to challenging at the top again...where we were ten years back. It's that simple.
    For sure we like certain players and even coaches... The whole SCP debate needs to be discussed openly at the appropriate time and with perspective... But right now FFS we look for our first win in nearly 20 years so COYR
  • In Bob we trust. we will get a result. we are the pride of south London. today is are day. come 5 o'clock hold your head high. because victory is ours COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll be nice to see the A block when it is actually full.

Being penned in for ages after the game, especially after what happened at Millwall away last season is going to leave a very bad taste in the mouth.
  • are they going to keep us penned in after the game today?
  • Feels different this year ? It does actually. In recent years we were probably not going to turn up. This year it could be not so much of will we win but by how many...
  • Think we'll win 0-0.
  • redsek said:

Think we'll win 0-0.

The pitch is probably going to be too wet for it to end up 0-0
  • I feel bit 'meh' about this one. I'm sure that will change as the hours go by though!
  • Today is the day.

There is going to be no crumbling from the lads in red.

We are going pull the lions tail, chew it and throw it back at them.

A 1-0 smashing for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have been waiting for this all week. Absolutely buzzing.
  • I've never felt more confident than I'm feeling today. Really think we will do it. 2-0.
  • Don't think Bobs side will do the usual crumbling act but it's Millwall and the football gods like to spite us with this fixture.
  • Every dog has its day, so hope the team chases those Manx cats all over the field.

Today is the day.
  • If Igor is injured then I fear it will be groundhog day.
  • When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought "aah, he feels unusually confident as well". Cant explain why I feel so upbeat, though I don't think Tal and Bikey are going to be intimidated.

Lot depends how well we protect Fox, and if Buyens can rise to the occasion
  • This is probably the first time in years we have reason to be optimistic. Last year it was 50/50 and there was more hope, this year we SHOULD win but we all know we probably won't. That's why it feels different for me.
  • edited November 2014
    Solly, Bikey, TBH, JJ, Cousins, Fox, Henderson Pope..these lads will be chomping at the bit. Vet, JBG, Harriott Coq are too good for anything Millwall have in defence. Buyens will rise above a little Millwall aggro. We will win and comfortably. The Valley will be rocking, the pubs will be buzzing and it will be a historic day for the Addicks.

I have looked forward to this one all week, then woke today with the flu and am welded to my bed. Absolutely gutted, our first win in 18 years and I will be trying to watch on something called a stream which I have never worked out in my life.

Ps. Last home game I missed we beat Cardiff 5-4. When we smash the scum today I may have to consider giving up.
  • mrbligh said:

My journey to the valley takes about 3hrs if I public transport(on the piss) it and normally on that journey I'm not excited about the game.

My kid woke up at his obligatory 5am this morning and I told the mrs to have a lie in as the second I woke up I was completely buzzing for this game.

Me and the munchkin went to sainsbos, cooked a fry up, I've done the train journey and am in the boozer, I've got the same feeling I had when I first started going, kid in a sweet shop excitement.

Today my friends is the day we destroy the scum

So you had a 3 hr journey (on the piss) and still got to the pub by midday.....
  • Nah. Really up for this one.