Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 6 screen repairs

Just completely shattered my screen, anyone know how much it is to repair? I assume its under warranty still, 2 year contract with EE although I know EE warranty itself is only 2 weeks

Comments

• Options
    Please do NOT go to the game tomorrow.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if they cover the screen under warranty. Don't usually.
  • Options
    99 quid in the apple store.
  • Options
    I think you'll find the warranty only covers manufacturing defects/faults.

I doubt hitting it with a sledgehammer is included.
  • Options
    Where do you live? Timpson in Sainsburys at the bottom of Pepper Hill do iPhone screens apparently. Might be something other branches of Timspons do
  • Options
    try these people. reasonable price and good efficient service. no fee if they can't mend it.

www.mobilephonedoctor.co.uk
  • Options
    Essex. Guess I will just take it lakeside.

Just lost the keys to my Fiesta as well, having a smashing day.
  • Options
    Take it back to apple mate, done my 6+ - two 'independent' phone repair places quoted me £250 for a screen repair
  • Options
    These guys fixed mine for £60. You can haggle.

http://www.fonedoctors.com/
  • Options
    theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless-third-party-repair

Be careful out there Apple fans customers.

I suspect this may well be illegal under EU law but what do one of the most ruthless and richest companies in the world care? Not one iota it seems. Introduce a completely pointless piece of technology and then cite its security as a reason to brick your phone - nice!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless-third-party-repair

Be careful out there Apple fans customers.

I suspect this may well be illegal under EU law but what do one of the most ruthless and richest companies in the world care? Not one iota it seems. Introduce a completely pointless piece of technology and then cite its security as a reason to brick your phone - nice!

It is things like this that make me not want to buy an iphone. Ridiculously expensive in the first place and then they block you using third parties to fix it. What do they charge to repair a screen? I remember my ipod (i didn't buy it ;) ) screen was supposed to be around £50 but could get it done 3rd party for £5/10