Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cleverly vs Bellew 2

Comments

• Options
    terrible fight waste of money
  • Options
    The crowd are quite disgusting.

Ah well over to Boxnation for the best bill of the year. Glad I didn't pay for that shite.
  • Options
    Awful how could cleverly be that tired he threw nothing all fight??
  • Options
    Bellew suprised me and had a lot more down the stretch. Which was not much. Either of them would get eaten by huck or afolabi
  • Options
    Great scoring...
  • Options
    How in god's name did O'Connor give that to Cleverly!!???!!??
  • Options
    Cleverly can hardly speak.
  • Options
    A 3rd fight?
    They'll have to pay me to watch that.
  • Options
    poor fighters .....poor fight ....defo would not pay to see em again
  • Options
    Carter said:

Bellew suprised me and had a lot more down the stretch. Which was not much. Either of them would get eaten by huck or afolabi

Was just think Afolabi should be licking his lips. Prop up your rep by disposing of a mediocre fighter. Shame he can't sell a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful fight. An embarrassing level of fitness in both fighters, and a real lack of any quality punches. Trying to drum up interest for a third fight after that is laughable.
  • Options
    Great win from the bomber, cleverly just got found out the the 2 stone extra at cruiserweight is too much for him, and he gassed he can't take it, he is a light heavy weight

Welldone the bomber
  • Options
    I can't find it in myself to congratulate bellew. I feel so sick that was sold as a box office event (and i was stupid enough to buy it)and he just happened to continue swinging. God knows how either of them did not burst out laughing suggesting a third fight in the 50,000 capacity millennium stadium.

• Options
    You aint stupid mate its the way life is you pays your money you take your chances, nothing is free anymore, the quality wasn't there but that wasnt a purists fight but it was gutsy, and brave and I honestly believe bellew needs to find in him something that will stop him being carried out of there in a box, as I don't think he is lieing when he says he won't quit in the ring, we love boxing because it's not just the artistry and the skill, its primeval and raw, one on one you got that tonight 99% of those commenting tonight wouldn't go to the places boxers have too just to get in the ring, let alone do what cleverly did from Rd 9 and just take digs when there's nothing left

Respect to them both and welldone bellew even if I don't like him as a character
  • Options
    I was stupid to buy it. I knew the undercard was one sided and crap. I hoped I would see Sprott throw a few rights and test Joshua a tiny bit but I wasn't expecting anything.

I get what you are saying mate, cleverly showed huge heart and guts especially as it seems he broke his right hand early on (hmmmmm).

• Options
    If he broke his hand it was in Rd 8 imo as it was fine up till then, no one bought that fight for the undercard, the only other fight I was interested in was quigg and that wernt a bad fight either
  • Options
    Really? I thought he was fighting well within himself he needs a rest same as Groves does.

Bigger picture I know it's only 16 quid. What happens though is promoters get greedy and sell us a constant stream of shit if we're not careful. There are fights out there is what annoys me. Watching George look disinterested and degale fighting a fat bloke there for the money just deceives people.

We had two world titles way down the card, that is wrong! Eddie can carry on cobbling cards like this together but he should not make it ppv.

• Options
    Next week we have chisora v Fury, Saunders v eubank and Bradley skeete v frankie gain.

Decent main event decent card. And I hate frank Warren but he has got some tasty match ups together on there
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/boxing/nathan-cleverly-v-tony-bellew/winner

I've had a rather large bet on cleverly at roughly 11/10 on betfair. Will be keeping a sharp eye on the price as the fight gets closer, I think he may drift some more. Absolutely fantastic price in my opinion.

Maybe not!
  • Options

A question for Carter and NLA, whose opinions I value most on this forum when it comes to boxing.

Anthony Joshua. The guy clearly has pedigree. He's quick, strong and very powerful. I really rate him.

The question is, how good is he? Are we looking at the next British world heavyweight champion in a couple of years??

My best mate's dad, who is the BBC boxing commentator, said he'll be "extremely surprised" if Joshua isn't a world champ in a couple of years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to take time with AJ he needs to learn his craft slowly and surely, i have no issues with him having 10- 12 easish fights slowly building, is he the real deal, i believe he has everything to be so, but until he gets hit we wont know if he has the heart or the chin to be a real prospect, right now he is a good british heavy weight, world champ is not something that anyone should think about for another 3 or 4 yrs
  • Options
    I just watched it back, cleverly is holding his right hand funny, from around Rd 4 he then doesn't throw it properly for another 5 rds, then in the back end of 9 and the middle of 10 he throws it with a bit more venom than any of the previous 5

Still think he gassed as he can't make the 2 stone difference, catch weight fight could be more interesting
  • Options
    Sky sports news basically rerunning all the best bits now of the fights, makes you wonder why you bother paying for it
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Awful one sided card with the biggest load of crap served up in the main event.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Next week we have chisora v Fury, Saunders v eubank and Bradley skeete v frankie gain.

Decent main event decent card. And I hate frank Warren but he has got some tasty match ups together on there

Can't wait I got floor seats about 5 rows back should be quality nite.
  • Options
    Did eubank and Saunders bet a 100k of their own dough on this fight or am I imagining that happened
  • Options

Did eubank and Saunders bet a 100k of their own dough on this fight or am I imagining that happened

Was live on talksport. They said loser gives 100k to the winners charity
  • Options
    I'd say that will sting cant imagine that they have earned that so far
  • Options
    Definitely not when you consider training camps etc.

Anyone watch the Boxnation bill? Fantastic showings from Lomchenko and Manny. Vargas DiMarco was fight of the night
  • Options
    Sky plused for viewing this evening, box nation is a must for all boxing fans their line ups ruin sky's