Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Asparagus Soup and Roast Venison for dinner?

According to yougov.co.uk the average profile of a Charlton fan is male and from London. That I understand. Included in favourite food is aforementioned items? What?????? Who are you? Match day catering will have to rise to a new menu.

Comments

• I thought this was a thread asking for advice.
  • Don't let Operation Pig know what you're having.
  • edited November 2014

I used to have 8 legs of venison delivered every week - but it was too dear.

Oh dear oh dear. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
  • I find venison does not roast too well as it has a very low fat content. Makes a great stew though.

Asparagus soup great though. Mmm. Delicious.
  • Sounds nice. Asking for stinking piss though
  • edited November 2014
    Isn't this the third thread on this now? And more importantly, I don't think Paulie started any of them.
  • Sorry I hadn't seen the others :(
  • Sponsored links:

Sheffield Wednesday fans always have reindeer fillet and "stir-fried shredded potato with green pepper", according to YouGov
  • Redrobo said:

I find venison does not roast too well as it has a very low fat content. Makes a great stew though.

Try a loin of venison wellington, using mushroom duxelle, prosciutto and puff pastry. One of the best things I have ever made.
  • Carter said:

Sounds nice. Asking for stinking piss though

and sugar puffs make your wee smell of honey. Not sure if this is the cure for asparagus wee though...
  • Interesting how football is a Charlton fans third favourite sport behind cricket and golf.
  • Great top five musical artists though: Ryan Adams, Kurt Cobain, Billy Fury, Lou Reed and Squeeze.
  • I would be quite happy with that for dinner. But I am a bit of a weirdo...
  • Great top five musical artists though: Ryan Adams, Kurt Cobain, Billy Fury, Lou Reed and Squeeze.

I think the Ryan Adams fan must be me but have no recollection of completing this survey.
  • IdleHans said:

Redrobo said:

I find venison does not roast too well as it has a very low fat content. Makes a great stew though.

Try a loin of venison wellington, using mushroom duxelle, prosciutto and puff pastry. One of the best things I have ever made.
    Sounds nice. The sort of thing that I would choose at a restaurant. There is a venision farm quite local but the wife won't eat it. Bamby film has a lot to answer for!
  • Load of bull. All Charlton fans know that the asparagus and venison seasons are completely separate so you'd never have them on the same menu....

Actually I only know that because of where I live now. Pretty standard on pub menus at the right time of year.

Venison
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2014
    Asparagus is the Jordan Henderson of nosebag. Totally overrated.
  • Redrobo said:

IdleHans said:

Redrobo said:

Sounds nice. The sort of thing that I would choose at a restaurant. There is a venision farm quite local but the wife won't eat it. Bamby film has a lot to answer for!
    It was. Mind you, venison loin at £42 a kilo isn't going to happen more than once a year.
  • edited November 2014
    Redrobo said:

IdleHans said:

Redrobo said:

Me too. Well, if the liver and bacon is off and there's no pies left.
  • I had venison on my stag do...

Sounds mental.
    Did you have shots of caviar?

Didn't realise they did extras.
  • Must be rubbish, brand of choice for the spanners is Ralph Lauren or Nike when it should obviously be stone island
  • I have got ostrich and kangaroo steaks for me dinner today wtf happened to Sunday roast
  • Be grateful, my missus started cooking a casserole or stew not sure which last night. It smelt disgusting last night and today it hasn't improved. She's normally a great cook and I'd like to think I'm not bad and we never complain about what the other cooks but I'm sure even she is having second thoughts about this one. To make things worse we have had two invites today of a roast dinner.

I'll report back later but I think we may be having a Chinese Sunday dinner