Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pigott faces tough task back at Valley after loan ends

Comments

• "Can't guarantee him minutes" is a euphemism for "I don't rate him". If he's behind Moussa, Tucudean and Church in the pecking order he'd better find himself another club.
  • Unfortunately for Pigott the club, the manager and the squad have moved on and left young Joe behind. He is still young enough to improve and to make a career for himself, however, it looks increasingly unlikely that this will happen at CAFC
  • Who was it that gave him a 5 year contract? Clearly someone thought he had a lot of potential?
  • Who was it that gave him a 5 year contract? Clearly someone thought he had a lot of potential?

That bloke who got sacked...
    Think he manages Huddersfield these days or summat.
  • Are you sure it wasn't a 3-year contract?
  • "Can't guarantee him minutes" is a euphemism for "I don't rate him". If he's behind Moussa, Tucudean and Church in the pecking order he'd better find himself another club.

I don't think he's behind Church in Bob's thinking, I don't think anyone on the planet is.

It would be brilliant to have a young striker make it into the first team from our academy, it's been depressingly long since that truly happened however out of the two main prospects (Pigott and KAG) it looks more likely that KAG will make it. Despite being a big Chris Powell fan it has to be said that throwing Pigott in against Millwall at home last season was a big mistake and set Joe's development back.
  • Are you sure it wasn't a 3-year contract?

Yeah, I accidentally gave him another 2 years. When he turns into the next worldbeater in 2 years time and 'does a Poyet', you'll wish I was correct :-)
  • I just don't think he'll ever end up playing any higher than league 2. From what I've seen of him (albeit little) just seems very awkward.
  • I think he should definitely move on to further his career.
    In my opinion we have let better players than him move on in recent times.
    I wish him all the best though.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I just don't think he'll ever end up playing any higher than league 2. From what I've seen of him (albeit little) just seems very awkward.

Despite his goals for Newport he was pretty poor there by all accounts.
  • Thing is, looking awkward is something Peter Crouch does as well. He definitely needs to go out and get some games though.