Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brown and the Bigot/Miliband and the Bacon Sandwich

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lincs said in his first post what he was trying to do. I don't think it is helpful to Labour to accuse him of taking a politically motivated swipe. Smacks of a bit of paranoia.

The.Jews don't eat bacon angle was I'll-informed if Ed is an atheist so maybe not the best example.

But I wonder how quickly this thread might have died but for your intervention? You are of course perfectly entitled to your view and to intervene, but the irony is that your interventions so often appear counter-productive to what appears to be your agenda. As someone who does seem to practice conviction based politics, which Lincs was calling for, don't you worry that Ed comes across as lacking conviction?

Ed Milliband has a credibility problem and Labour would be better off tackling it than denying it in my opinion. The reason why the country is moving away from a two party system could be that the two parties are both weakening themselves by trying to fight over so-called middle ground.

• Options
    PS never had a STD? You don't know what you're missing...!
  • Options
    I see the Westminster kit and caboodle as akin to the Thick Of It from all sides. The conviction is to get power however it is obtained, with Farage scrabbling against the bars of the rats cage from the outside desperately trying to be let in.
    Idealism is left to minorities like some independents, the Greens, and the Monster Raving Loonies.
  • Options
    Sorry to come to this a bit late but I have ventured out into that Europe place for a few days to see what all the fuss is about. Limited wifi opportunities at present. Am I too late to say

'Margaret Thatcher the milk snatcher'

There take that you conservative cads!

By the way I actually met and shock hands with the old bint back in the day. Bet you are all jealous now:-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sm said:

The sad fact in all of this is that the press think and are correct in thinking that publishing a less than flattering picture of the Leader of The Labour Party eating a bacon sandwich will help not getting him elected. How fucking far has the British electorate fallen that this is not laughed off as a piece of irrelevance. I despair.

I respectfully disagree and I would say the same if we were talking about David Cameron.

As the PM you need to show an air of authority, calm assurance etc.
    How will Milliband cope with all the problems that will be thrown at him as PM of this country, if he looks totally uncomfortable and totally ill at ease, eating a sandwich and giving 2p to a homeless person ?
    Also why would you be so utterly foolish to give 2p to a homeless person?

I'm afraid he fills me with zero confidence to be our PM and I would say the same if I was a Labour supporter, as do my Labour supporting mates, who say they couldn't possibly vote for Labour, whilst he is in charge.

To give a Charlton analogy. Joe Pigott looked totally uncomfortable/ill at ease/rabbitt caught in the headlights, on his League debut against Millwall, so it wouldn't make me confident that he could play centre forward for England/Man U.
    So what you are saying is that we need to elect a PM whose only working experience outside politics is as a PR man presenting swine as pearls their views as to how the country should be run are of secondary importance. Sorry but we appear to have tried that one already.
    A bit silly I think. I never said anything of the sort did I ?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Most of the comments are about Miliband .. are there no opinions about Spineless Gordon ? .. as I am convinced that his actions in 'bigotgate' cost his party thousands of votes either through his original choice of words or the unstatesmanlike and unseemly reaction from him to his faux pas
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Sorry to come to this a bit late but I have ventured out into that Europe place for a few days to see what all the fuss is about. Limited wifi opportunities at present. Am I too late to say

'Margaret Thatcher the milk snatcher'

There take that you conservative cads!

By the way I actually met and shock hands with the old bint back in the day. Bet you are all jealous now:-)

did you count your fingers after the handshake/shock ((:>) ?
  • Options
    Its a bit rubbish how we do politics in this country at the moment , we seem to lurch from extremes of having a big spend up to pulling the reigns in , politicians waste so much of our money.