Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MacDonalds Lewisham

Just heard from someone on a bus in Lewisham that Macdonalds is on fire

Comments

• Options
    small kitchen fire, nothing major
  • Options
    I hope they get the all of his animals out fast enough!
  • Options
    It's done £60 quids worth of improvements, I heard.
  • Options
    'burger enthusiasts'?
    Great photo of McDonalds two fire engines and a bus.
    top work NS!
  • Options
    I am partial to the odd McDonalds.

This thread is making me hungry.
  • Options
    Macdonalds are now doing flame grilled I see
  • Options

Just heard from someone on a bus in Lewisham that Macdonalds is on fire

don't think the food there is that good.

• Options
    Is that the original premises? Only saying because it was one of the first, certainly in London along with Woolwich I think. Used to saunter along there after a film at Catford ABC for a cheeseburger and this marvelous new thing, a thick chocolate shake...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woolwich was the first .
  • Options
    Did you know 7 out 10 American s work in McDonald's there other 3 failed the interview
  • Options
    Oh Burger!

Hope everyones all right.

• Options
    Who asked for the burger to be well done?
  • Options
    Looks like I was too subtle with my shock that you can't even spell the world's biggest fast food chain correctly...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Looks like I was too subtle with my shock that you can't even spell the world's biggest fast food chain correctly...

Are you always that funny ?

• Options

Huskaris said:

Are you always that funny ?

No, that was probably the best line of my life, hence my disappointment :(
  • Options

small kitchen fire, nothing major

In 1666, those were the original famous last words.....

• Options
    edited November 2014

Woolwich was the first .

Woolwich was the first store to open I believe. I used to have a free pass for McDonald's when i was a kid. My grand dad was the site foreman for many of the early stores during the McDonald's build program. The owner 'Bob' (Robert Rhea) gave my grand dad a pass that meant we could eat for free. I don't remember it much but my mum recalls how whenever we used to go in, the staff used to treat us like V.I.P's and would come and clean the tables and ask if we enjoyed our meal. When i moved to Sheffield in the 70's I complained to my grand dad that Sheffield didn't have a McDonald's, so he had a word with Bob and a short time later we had one. I used to visit Bob's house in Chester Square, who's neighbour's included Margaret Thatcher (after she was PM) and the Sultan of Brunei. Not a bad result for a furniture makers son.
  • Options
    Nice article in today's Telegraph on the Woolwich one - first in the country as Prince-e-Paul mentions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11223578/How-McDonalds-changed-the-way-we-eat-in-Britain.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember going to Saturday morning pictures at the ABC in Woolwich, there was a clown at the front and he gave us all a voucher for a hamburger and chips. So we all went off to what turned out to the opening day at McDonalds.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Remember going to Saturday morning pictures at the ABC in Woolwich, there was a clown at the front and he gave us all a voucher for a hamburger and chips. So we all went off to what turned out to the opening day at McDonalds.

I genuinely thought you was older than that guiness. I guessed you are TelMac32's dad. Presumably I'm wrong. Don't reply unless you want to. Anonimity and all that :-)
  • Options

I genuinely thought you was older than that guiness. I guessed you are TelMac32's dad. Presumably I'm wrong. Don't reply unless you want to. Anonimity and all that :-)
    Not his dad, even though I have same name as his dad. Having said that I've spent many years getting @TelMc32‌ home from the pub.
  • Options
    I know Tel & his dad. I'll keep guessing :-)
  • Options

If you know them, can't believe you don't know me, I sit next to them at home games.
  • Options

If you know them, can't believe you don't know me, I sit next to them at home games.
    I probably do :-)
  • Options

You're the one drinking Guinness, right?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

You're the one drinking Guinness, right?

Wrong.