Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    was live in the studio on Talksport last night, very interesting listening and catching the 10pm Sportsbar show again off their website
  • Options
    I was standing behind Jimmy, queuing up, at a trackside bookie, at The Derby, about 20 years ago.

He put a "loads of money size wad" on a horse, at a total guess I'd say £10K.

I told my mates. We all stuck a £5 on and it won :-)
  • Options
    So he has finally opened up and told the real story, in his second autobiography.

That is of course until the third version comes out.
  • Options
    I always loved Jimmy back in the day, but this "revelation" has to be the least surprising admission by a celebrity since George Michael came out.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I can imagine if you are that way inclined and earn that sort of money then it can be a very easy hole to fall into. The only thing I can never get with addiction, regardless of what substance, is what makes you want to repeat day after day? We all have our own chemical reactions and our bodies deal with what we ingest/drink/smoke differently. But using myself as an example. If I have a night when I get smashed, the last thing I want to do is repeat it the next night.

It might be different on a stag, because you know you're going to session for 3 days or so then stop. But I remember coming back from Ibiza this year (1st time). I hit it hard for 3 days straight with very little sleep, I couldn't imagine continually doing this over a period of years.
  • Options

I always loved Jimmy back in the day, but this "revelation" has to be the least surprising admission by a celebrity since George Michael came out.

He came out!!!
  • Options

Addicts don't want to do it again. Their body and mind tells them they need to.
    Breaking an addiction is far harder than just saying "I'm not doing that again."

That's what I'm interested in. How unfortunate the position they must be in that their body dictates they need to get on it again. That there is an impulse that strong it overcomes rational thought. Plus I know with alcohol there are physical reactions if they don't drink. Scary stuff
  • Options
    Sounds rock and roll. I'm starting a taster of his life in approximately half hour!
  • Options

Breaking an addiction is far harder than just saying "I'm not doing that again."

this

imagine not wanting to wank ever again, because when you do it destroys the lives of everyone you love. But sometimes those feelings can become overwhelming if you don't keep them in check.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eh? Wanking is a victimless crime
  • Options
    cabbles said:

That's what I'm interested in. How unfortunate the position they must be in that their body dictates they need to get on it again. That there is an impulse that strong it overcomes rational thought. Plus I know with alcohol there are physical reactions if they don't drink. Scary stuff

If alcohol were to be catergorised as a substance today, due to the potential for harm both to the user and wider society it would be a Class A drug. Food for thought.
  • Options

this

imagine not wanting to wank ever again,
    F*ck off
  • Options

i lol'd.

but i was saying it's something that feels compulsive to you. Now imagine it destroyed your life and everyone around you, that's what addiction is like.
  • Options

Who said that?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Bloody hell. I can imagine if you are that way inclined and earn that sort of money then it can be a very easy hole to fall into. The only thing I can never get with addiction, regardless of what substance, is what makes you want to repeat day after day? We all have our own chemical reactions and our bodies deal with what we ingest/drink/smoke differently. But using myself as an example. If I have a night when I get smashed, the last thing I want to do is repeat it the next night.

It might be different on a stag, because you know you're going to session for 3 days or so then stop. But I remember coming back from Ibiza this year (1st time). I hit it hard for 3 days straight with very little sleep, I couldn't imagine continually doing this over a period of years.

Some people have addictive personalities too. Anything that gives you a high you want to do it again & again then comes the physical addiction.
  • Options
    and all the rest of his money .. he wasted
  • Options

Depends how hard she/he does it. "Ooops, sorry".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

this

imagine not wanting to wank ever again,
    It'd be very hard.