Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harvester falconwood

124»

Comments

• Options
    I don't live so far from the Harvester at Falconwood so went there when we first moved to the area. Never again (that was 12 years ago) a nasty grubby place with shit food and shit service I am amazed it has kept going in this state for so long. The area is crying out for a decent reasonably priced restaurant that place could be a goldmine if run properly.

My limited experiences at Harvesters has NEVER been good and agree stay well clear of the salad bar it is food poisoning city!
  • Options
    purdis said:

boogica said:

Sorry for the rant

Ok, we live 10 mins walk from here and decided on a whim to take the little fella out for something to eat as its easy, although we try and avoid it.

Got there, 30 min wait, no probs, but when you walk round the corner of the restaurant and its empty you get a bit pissed off.

Anyway was sat down at the table we were shown to, the only table in use in that half of the restaurant, totally dim, and dull.
    Mentioned it to the waitress when she came over,
    she said 'yeah the bulbs have gone'.
    Ok, Please can can we sit in that booth seating behind us which is lit,
    'no theres only 2.5 off you and its a table for 6'
    I said the place is empty, to which the reply was '
    'but if a table for 6 come in they will have to wait'
    My reply 'what like we had to??' (didn't get it the dozy pratt)
    Next thing about 10 mins later, woman with two kids comes in and sits at table I asked for, obviously knows the waitresses as they were sat with her inbetween collecting plates for the next 20 mins.

By this time the littler fella is crawling under the table, pulling his hair out at being given another bread roll, bearing in mind hes been sat in a pub for nearly 90mins.

When the food finally arrives it is literally stone cold, except the little fellas fish and chips.

To cut a long story short, took our food home in a box to heat up as I didn't trust them not to contaminate it if we sent it back, refused to pay for anything and the Manager agreed. Told him Id rather have paid and got served to a decent standard.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

Will be taking it further but really don't think the chain give a flying.

The place is a shithole took my family in there once never again , the staff useless the food was shocking the pub itself was dirty and all the glasses sitting on the bar not washed up , the place is a health hazard can't believe it's still open .

Rave reviews - strangely enough it's Trip Advisor ranked 12,492nd best restaurant out of 18,027 total restaurants in London - if this is The Falcon Harvester?

That means there are over 5,500 restaurants in Greater London which are worse.
    That's probably about right just hope I don't go to 1 of the other 5,500 other restaurants .
  • Options
    Just opened this thread for the first time. Can't believe what I've missed out on.
  • Options
    boogica said:

purdis said:

boogica said:

Sorry for the rant

Ok, we live 10 mins walk from here and decided on a whim to take the little fella out for something to eat as its easy, although we try and avoid it.

Got there, 30 min wait, no probs, but when you walk round the corner of the restaurant and its empty you get a bit pissed off.

Anyway was sat down at the table we were shown to, the only table in use in that half of the restaurant, totally dim, and dull.
    Next thing about 10 mins later, woman with two kids comes in and sits at table I asked for, obviously knows the waitresses as they were sat with her inbetween collecting plates for the next 20 mins.

By this time the littler fella is crawling under the table, pulling his hair out at being given another bread roll, bearing in mind hes been sat in a pub for nearly 90mins.

When the food finally arrives it is literally stone cold, except the little fellas fish and chips.

To cut a long story short, took our food home in a box to heat up as I didn't trust them not to contaminate it if we sent it back, refused to pay for anything and the Manager agreed. Told him Id rather have paid and got served to a decent standard.

The place is a shithole took my family in there once never again , the staff useless the food was shocking the pub itself was dirty and all the glasses sitting on the bar not washed up , the place is a health hazard can't believe it's still open .

Rave reviews - strangely enough it's Trip Advisor ranked 12,492nd best restaurant out of 18,027 total restaurants in London - if this is The Falcon Harvester?

That's probably about right just hope I don't go to 1 of the other 5,500 other restaurants .
    Sure I used to go to The Falcon disco many years ago, along with The Dutch House and the Royal Eltham - it's all coming flooding back!
  • Options
    purdis said:

boogica said:

purdis said:

boogica said:

Sorry for the rant

Sure I used to go to The Falcon disco many years ago, along with The Dutch House and the Royal Eltham - it's all coming flooding back!
    Me to mate sure the falconwood was gucci's ? Maybe I'm wrong but anyway should av left it as a nightclub .
  • Options
    Been to all three as well. Ain't we old?
  • Options
    The Dutch house unbelievably is about to be turned into yet another McDonalds.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

What? When the Grey is 5 minutes down the road? (still pissed about that one...) How many 1/4 pounders can us fat gits ram down our gullets FFS?
  • Options
    purdis said:

boogica said:

Sorry for the rant

Twelve thousand, four hundred and ninety-second. The owner/manager must be very proud. Presumably couldn't even be bothered to organise some fake reviews to boost their rating!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

purdis said:

boogica said:

Sorry for the rant

Twelve thousand, four hundred and ninety-second. The owner/manager must be very proud. Presumably couldn't even be bothered to organise some fake reviews to boost their rating!
    That was after the fake reviews I suspect.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I had my first pint in the Crossways on Sidcup Road.
    That's now a Burger King.
  • Options
    I cannot believe the Dutch House is being turned into another bloody McDonalds - unbelievable, how many do you really need? How many can the market support?

I never went into the Dutch House but from memory it always had the reputation of being a 'Villains Pub' where some of SEL's finest would congregate.
  • Options

I cannot believe the Dutch House is being turned into another bloody McDonalds - unbelievable, how many do you really need? How many can the market support?

I never went into the Dutch House but from memory it always had the reputation of being a 'Villains Pub' where some of SEL's finest would congregate.

Not a place to maintain eye contact with another for more than half a second.

• Options
    They do a takeaway service according to the website...

Delivered by the London Ambulance service?
  • Options

According to the old fella, was well known for the "Ton Up Boys" doing the business down the A20 in the late 50's...
  • Options

According to the old fella, was well known for the "Ton Up Boys" doing the business down the A20 in the late 50's...
    Also had a night club/disco in the 70's - so I'm told
  • Options
    purdis said:

buckshee said:

And this Monday, a planning application, is due to be heard, re turning it into a Premier Inn.
  • Options
    Credit where its due, used the compensation voucher from Harvester for the Falconwood shenanagins.

Went to the Sidcup one tonight and standard was pretty decent to be fair, waitresses couldn't be more helpful, food was fine, hot and the place didn't stink.

Id eat there again.
  • Options

A few got scraped off the wall under the bridge in the process. An evil bend on two wheels.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    purdis said:

buckshee said:

Being pulled down to make way for a hotel.
  • Options
    Went there today , family gathering , total refurb , very surprised , very good
  • Options
    Are you the new manger tony ?
  • Options
    I love a happy ending.